Hybrid 3 Questions

Official support for: www.airmusictech.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

-------------
Last edited by Teksonik on Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

If I import a Midi File into the Phrase Sequencer it plays fine....works as expected. But it doesn't appear the patch is saved correctly. Open it again and the midi phrases are no longer playing properly as if they were not saved. Do the midi files have to be in a particular folder to be recalled ? I've tried placing them in the Phrases folder but they are not recalled from there either. Bug or User Error ? :D
Last edited by Teksonik on Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

I'm sorry I thought this was the official KVR sub forum for Air plugins support. Guess I was wrong. I suppose I can try the company forums but after dealing with them for M Audio and Akai products I find them difficult to navigate and track. Doesn't look like I have a choice.......... :?

Well so much for that idea. The InMusic forums are a joke. I'm trying to report a bug and I'm told to open a "support" ticket. Ok so I did.....several days later I got a "response" telling me if the issue has not been resolved to e-mail them again. How could the issue been resolved when no one even responded ?

The Mod Bot at the Air Music forum which is the same Droid at the Akai and M-Audio forums was of no help at all and in fact had an attitude.

So again I'm trying to report a Bug. Anyone here interested ? Simon ? Imported Midi Files are not saved within a Patch.

If you're not going to populate this forum then shut it down...........

Hey Teksonik, I hear yer, seems as though issues don't get resolved that easily, I'm experiencing authorization issues for Hybrid 3, where there have not previously been any , something to do with an Ableton Live update I expect, but they seem to have changed the authorization to iLok while my back was turned, either that or there is a mismatch between Air's version of Hybrid and the licence that M-audio bundled with Trigger Finger Pro- Arsenal for Hybrid 3.

Any witch was you look at it, I can just tell I'm not going to get a response any time soon.

I also have a question: is it normal for a synth not to make any sound when pressing a key very lightly, yet the full way? At the moment I can't think of any other synth that behaves that way. No matter how quiet the sound, there always is one when playing a key. With Hybrid it seems that the first few velocity values from the keyboard are ignored.

Other than that, it is a very interesting synth :) The only things I don't like about it so far are:
- the GUI is a bit small for all those controls
- in mono mode with retriggering there is always an ugly blip sound no matter what attack time one sets; maybe a 1-voice option for the poly mode would help
- no phase control for retriggering oscillators (very useful on Sylenth)

I think there is also something wrong with the modulation, for instance when you modulate the cutoff with velocity and set the modulation amount slider in the filter section to values beyond 60%, the attack becomes more and more unpredictable and bumpy. I think it might be related to the velocity sensitivity issue I described at the beginning of the previous post...

What I also find odd is the increments with the modulation sliders. With knobs the mouse wheel takes 1 or 2% steps. But the mod sliders have totally weird values. Gee, how I hate such inconsistency and sloppiness, it says a lot about the developer's mind. As a perfectionist, for me that alone is almost enough of a reason not to buy a plugin :P

I rarely use two filters at once, but I just noticed that when using the two filters of a layer in series, for some reason changing the filter type of the second one does not change the sound for notes already played, only for notes not played. So, with pads with longer release for instance one has to wait until the note is completely over before the new filter type is finally applied to that key as well.
Even when turning filter 2 completely off, the filter continues to be applied to a note already played for quite some time, even when retriggering the note repeatedly.
Is that a bug or normal?

When using sync in the delay, the delay time seems to depend on the sample rate of the DAW, instead of the bpm. That sucks when using different sample rates for working and mixing down :P

In Sylenth1 the sample rate of the DAW doesn't seem to have any impact on delay times when sync is on.

Return to “AIR Music Technology”