Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Some bufs and requests.

1. This command does not set cursor to loop start

2. When:
- you set cursor using Gotto Loop Start
- than run Play Stop and Return
- after that you run Play Stop and Return to stop, cursor jump to position where it was before you run Goto Loop Start.

3. This is menu appears when you want to insert something in Rack slot.

It does not remember its state, I mean every time you have to expand or collapse folders from scratch to find something.
It have to work this way if you want to insert VST you open that folder and select VST. When you run this menu next time VST folder will be opened.

4. Now to replace something in Rack slot you have to make so many clicks, Right click, than Replace than open folder that you need, so much clicks for so simple task. It would be great if you for example Ctrl+ Click and it will open menu with opened folder where current instrument is lay.
And for example Shift+Click we can assign to delete plugin.

5. Why context menus always so big?

6. Why we have no Ctrl+Click on knob to reset it, only have Alt+Click so if you want to reset often you have to click more than one time. Ctrl+Click is default behavior practically standard.

7. When you drug plugin form Browser it insert it in Rack slot but do not open it, so you have to click on it again to open. fix it pleas so it will be opened automatically.

Some question.
Does MuTool have shortcuts for items from Browser - What. I use it a lot and have to make so much clicks.
For example I want to set VST Synth I click shortcut and I can see full list of vst. The same thing with VST Effects and other.
Last edited by samardac on Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:14 am, edited 7 times in total.

samardac wrote:This command does not set cursor to loop start
Indeed this combination is currently not supported. I can't go into tech details and i can't solve this on short term, except by completely removing the ability to assign multiple functions to a shortcut. At least i'll remove that info from the docs cause it creates a false expectation.
When:
- you set cursor using Gotto Loop Start
- than run Play Stop and Return
- after that you run Play Stop and Return to stop, cursor jump to position where it was before you run Goto Loop Start.
Fixed in the next version.
Why context menus always so big?
Because there needs to be room for expanding the groups.
Why we have no Ctrl+Click on knob to reset it
It's [Alt]+click
only have Alt+Click so if you want to reset often you have to click more than one time.
I don't understand, pls elaborate.
Ctrl+Click is default behavior practically standard.
Is that so? First time i hear this. Well, i quickly checked for example Reaper and it's not the case there.
When you drug plugin form Browser it insert it in Rack slot but do not open it, so you have to click on it again to open. fix it pleas so it will be opened automatically.
Tuned that in the next version.
Does MuTool have shortcuts for items from Browser - What. I use it a lot and have to make so much clicks. For example I want to set VST Synth I click shortcut and I can see full list of vst. The same thing with VST Effects and other.
Interesting suggestion, i've taken note on the (long) wishlist. Not for M7.0 though.

Indeed this combination is currently not supported. I can't go into tech details and i can't solve this on short term, except by completely removing the ability to assign multiple functions to a shortcut. At least i'll remove that info from the docs cause it creates a false expectation.
Can you pleas modify Loop Selected Parts so it will set cursor at Loop Start when you run it? Now you have to make 2 actions, first is set loop than set cursor.
Because there needs to be room for expanding the groups.
Yep I got it, but we can have it dynamically change size when menu need it, it will look so nice!
I remember I first time tried MuTools about year ago and I could not understand why context menu are so big, they looked like software was not polished and that menu was white if Im not wrong and it looks not good. And first impression was not very good :) I just tell you what first impression may have users. It is not critical just share my subjective thoughts :)
I don't understand, pls elaborate.
Now if you Alt+Click it goes to Maximum if you click second time it goes to Minimum and third time to Reset State, something like this if I'm not wrong.
Is that so? First time i hear this.
I have some experience working in different DAWs and with differenr plugins, and this is my chart of reset shortcuts, from most used:
1. Ctrl+Click
2. Double Click
3. Delete
4. Alt+Click

I can be wrong it is just my experience :)
Any way would be great to have just Ctrl+Click to reset :)

You know my first DAW was Reason 2.5 long ago, and I had superior filings about it so comfortable and inspiring. When Reason start to release other versions 4,5... I loos all that fillings software become more complicated etc... Still I have no such filling I tried practically all DAWs but looks like MuTool renew that filings, and I want to make music like I want when I started it for the first time, thank you!

I also developer, we are 2 persons we develop new 3D Modeling software we will release it about 2 month. I responsible for Workflow, UI, Tools etc, and programmer for programming that stuff. I have very strong skills in creating super fast workflow and streamlined interface it will be the main feature of our App. I try now MuTools it has really good workflow I like it very much! I notice a lot of small things that can be improved to increase speed of workflow but do not know start to tell you all that stuff or not :)

samardac wrote:Can you pleas modify Loop Selected Parts so it will set cursor at Loop Start when you run it? Now you have to make 2 actions, first is set loop than set cursor.
I'm not sure all users would want this. Me personally i would not. I think the solution rather is to have the multi-function shortcuts feature, but that's not yet the case, so i don't have a short term solution for this request. I recommend to use 2 separate shortcuts for that: 1 for Loop Selected Parts and 1 for Goto Loop Start. I even think it may be handy in cases that these are separate.
Yep I got it, but we can have it dynamically change size when menu need it, it will look so nice!
I remember I first time tried MuTools about year ago and I could not understand why context menu are so big, they looked like software was not polished and that menu was white if Im not wrong and it looks not good. And first impression was not very good :) I just tell you what first impression may have users. It is not critical just share my subjective thoughts :)
I understand, thanks for your feedback! However it's not something i'll work on on short term, but maybe if i feel it indeed is uncomfortable for too many users i'll work on it in some future version.
Now if you Alt+Click it goes to Maximum if you click second time it goes to Minimum and third time to Reset State, something like this if I'm not wrong.
Ah, i see, indeed it toggles between a couple of useful default values, that's a feature.
You know my first DAW was Reason 2.5 long ago, and I had superior filings about it so comfortable and inspiring. When Reason start to release other versions 4,5... I loos all that fillings software become more complicated etc... Still I have no such filling I tried practically all DAWs but looks like MuTool renew that filings, and I want to make music like I want when I started it for the first time, thank you!
Thanks. A fluent feel indeed is top prio together with stability and sound quality. I understand that things are not perfect yet, and they never will, at least because some things feels different from user to user. Anyway, i'm currently finalizing M7.0 which is a nice step foward i think. When that's released i'll have a look at things and decide about the next steps forward. Going step by step. Of course if there are any remaining bugs in M7.0, please let me know and i'll fix those.
I also developer, we are 2 persons we develop new 3D Modeling software we will release it about 2 month. I responsible for Workflow, UI, Tools etc, and programmer for programming that stuff. I have very strong skills in creating super fast workflow and streamlined interface it will be the main feature of our App. I try now MuTools it has really good workflow I like it very much! I notice a lot of small things that can be improved to increase speed of workflow but do not know start to tell you all that stuff or not :)
Yes always feel free to share your view on UI things and feedback on MuLab / MUX Modular. I can't promise i'll always agree with everything nor that i'll immediately implement certain suggestions, but i'm always listening. Just to be complete pls also read this sticky topic.

Cheers!

mutools wrote:
samardac wrote: Yep I got it, but we can have it dynamically change size when menu need it, it will look so nice!
I understand, thanks for your feedback! However it's not something i'll work on on short term, but maybe if i feel it indeed is uncomfortable for too many users i'll work on it in some future version.
I mentioned this many moons ago. Perhaps, when things calm down a bit or maybe for M8?

Return to “MUTOOLS”