Blue Cat Patchwork Synth - request - midi note filter built in

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Love Patchwork and the Mixer, using in AAX so very helpful.

One thing which Protools can't do that I often want to is play different synths at the same time in different ranges on the keyboard. Most commonly I'll want to have a bass synth c0-b2 and then a pad c3-c5, maybe double that pad with a piano in the same range. So basically i can play a rough good sounding arrangement when i'm composing quickly

Now i can do this is patchwork by using plogue bidule a a note splitter and filter or similar and routing the midi via patchworks options to each synth on seperate rows. but it's fiddly to setup!

So could patchwork synth have a per-row option for note range in the first slot, in it's internal midi options? So i could quickly type c0-b2 or whatever and that would confine the subsequent synth to play only in that range.

And if that could "stick" if I altered the AU/VST so I could audition various synths in the slot in that key range?

Would be great for live work as well.

thanks in advance!

Hi,

Thank you for the feedback. Filtering or altering notes for synths is not something we intend to do natively in patchwork, as there are many ways of doing it depending on everyone's workflow (you may want to split by range, or velocity, chqnnel etc.). However, without using something like bidule, have you considered giving a try to Blue Cat's Plug'n Scriptto create your own MIDI filter?

You could either create one filter per-range (but it requires one instance of the plug-in per row), or simply create a single filter that would change the MIDI channel of notes based on their range, and use a different MIDI channel for each row. It's just one single plug-in to add, and for each synth a MIDI channel to choose.

Could someone please share a script for the keyboard range filter !?!? Thanks

So this filter would just select notes within a single range, right?

The new version of Plug'n Script comes with a MIDI range filter script. Source code for the filter is also available here:
MIDI range filter source

It will only keep the MIDI Note events within the selected range (including note aftertouch messages). Hope this helps!

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”