Sinnah feature requests

Official support for: nusofting.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

elements like the line under the blocks and the half circle on knobs, or a different colour for pan knob,
are definitely interesting

liqih wrote: Obviously it looks like that in web design the term "Flat Design" has been extended beyond it's original geometrical meaning
Kinda. I think it can be viewed like pure flat stuff going on with a possibility that some elements float slightly above surface.

Anyway my second update is pure flat exept the lines under the blocks can be viewed like blocks have some thickness. Other than that everything else is flat and has no shadow.
Subscribe me. I need folowers.
SoundCloud / Youtube / some music

Guys. Here is a great idea for you:
If you manipulate harmonics then maybe you can make it possible to:
Cut from the bottom too(low cut like, you have a high cut like now)
Peak - go into plus(boost), go into minus(cut), bandwidth of the peak
So, kinda like EQ but for harmonics.
I think this would be great for the shaping the sound.
Of course it would be good if this could be atomated smoothly for the sound flow and subtle(or not subtle) changes.

Thanks for the idea, but removing harmonics from the bottom (like hp filter)
in the oscillators would remove the fundamental of the tone and the first harmonics, giving to a thin higher sound, it could be intersting though.

liqih wrote:Thanks for the idea, but removing harmonics from the bottom (like hp filter)
in the oscillators would remove the fundamental of the tone and the first harmonics, giving to a thin higher sound, it could be intersting though.
For layering purposes.

Fundamental can be played with other instance. Maybe user don't want first 2 harmonics be affected with delay matrix(or affected same way) so just cut them from one instance and add another as bottom layer.

Or separate post processes for each instances. Etc.
Last edited by arseniy2 on Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

don't know how to delete comment :\

arseniy2 wrote:
liqih wrote:Thanks for the idea, but removing harmonics from the bottom (like hp filter)
For layering purposes.

Fundamental can be played with other instance. Maybe user don't want first 2 harmonics be affected with delay matrix(or affected same way) so just cut them from one instance and add another as bottom layer.

Or separate post processes for each instances. Etc.
yes right I haven't thought of layering

I just got the Mac version of Sinnah, it sounds very promising and of course much better than its price suggests...;-)
My feature request is MPE (Multidimensional Polyphonic Expression) support.
It will immediately draw attention from any MPE controller owner like Linnstrument, Seaboard, Roli Blocks, Continuum, to name a few.
The only way to play any synth expressively is MPE, and there are too few out there...
Btw. pitch bend does not seem to work here...

Pitch bend not working a bit more precise: As my Linnstrument sends out each note on a different Midi channel, and Sinnah is responding to those I thought pitch bend isn't working at all, but actually it does pitch bend on Midi channel 1 only. The implementation of MPE shouldn't be too hard, just lead any cc, PB, AT etc. to the voice which had been sent on the same Midi channel...

Tj Shredder wrote:I just got the Mac version of Sinnah, it sounds very promising and of course much better than its price suggests...;-)
My feature request is MPE (Multidimensional Polyphonic Expression) support.
It will immediately draw attention from any MPE controller owner like Linnstrument, Seaboard, Roli Blocks, Continuum, to name a few.
The only way to play any synth expressively is MPE, and there are too few out there...
Interesting suggestion. Liqih is the NUsofting DSP / features man, so ultimately he would need to decide this but it sounds like a good idea to me, particularly if as you say there are too few out there. As it happens, I've subscribed to the Joué Kickstarter campaign so I'll have my own interest in MPE when I get mine.
Tj Shredder wrote:Pitch bend not working a bit more precise: As my Linnstrument sends out each note on a different Midi channel, and Sinnah is responding to those I thought pitch bend isn't working at all, but actually it does pitch bend on Midi channel 1 only.
That's very odd. I'm not doubting you're hearing what you're hearing, but I just knocked up a quick Sinnah pitch bend test in Plogue Bidule, and for me it successfully played a note on channel 1 and then while that note was still sounding, correctly responded to pitch bend events coming in on channel 4. It might depend on the patch because the pitch bend might only apply to the "normal" oscillators part of the sound and not the delay matrix when it is producing its own resonance. Liqih will have a better idea if that's plausible / possible.
The implementation of MPE shouldn't be too hard, just lead any cc, PB, AT etc. to the voice which had been sent on the same Midi channel...
Well, we'd have to keep track of which voices are playing which channels, so there's be some replumbing of the innards needed...

But thanks for the suggestion and report.

Return to “NUSofting”