Sonalksis...comments?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

antithesist wrote:And what about AAX?

I do like the dynamic EQ/MB comp duo... always have.

Those are Dave too, right... genius.

i didn't ask if in the plans.. why not drop them a line and find out?

TheoM wrote:
antithesist wrote:And what about AAX?

I do like the dynamic EQ/MB comp duo... always have.

Those are Dave too, right... genius.
i didn't ask if in the plans.. why not drop them a line and find out?
I should, but I'm way over my intended spending limit to date, even if the sale is still on.

So, I'll likely just wait and see... but, thanks!
WEASEL: World Electro-Acoustic Sound Excitation Laboratories

unfortunately I have a bad experiance with sonalksis tech support.
I've found UI slider's bug about year ago, reported and still no fix.
Reproduced on Win and OSX.
And they also wants to charge me for an upgrade from 32 to 64 bit :o
Sorry, be aware from Sonalksis

krandr wrote:unfortunately I have a bad experiance with sonalksis tech support.

in other words, you don't have the latest version, and don't want to pay the tiny fee to support them to upgrade to 64 bit, which was a HUGE amount of work.

You are probably using the 8 year old 32 bit version on an unsupported OS :lol:

They work fine on older mac os and win versions.. in other words, they work fine on the OS they were *promised* to work on when released.

Nothing to be aware of from their end at all. Moreso, kvr readers are being made aware of a troublesome customer who doesn't want to pay the tiny, one off upgrade fee, uses an outdated version and blames the dev for his own lack of having the latest version to use on his new OS.:tu: ;)

Again, the 32 bit versions work on the OSes and DAW's they were tested with to work at the time.

And yet people think waves wup for $300 is ok. :lol:

Attention!!!

User area disabled at https://www.sonalksis.com :(
Offline activation is impossible now :x
Pro Tools 11/12 users are still smoking ... (currently only RTAS) :dog:

Nice job, Sonalksis :tu:

krandr wrote:Attention!!!

Pro Tools 11/12 users still smoking ... (currently only RTAS) :dog:

Looks like they have (significantly) overhauled their website in general - was long overdue anyway, and I hope that user area will be available again soon... Let's cross our fingers ;)

krandr wrote:Attention!!!

Pro Tools 11/12 users are still smoking ... (currently only RTAS) :dog:

you're only posting at kvr to damage sonalksis, you really have it out for them don't you.

Kieran is a GREAT guy, i have spoken to him extensively via email where he explained a lot of stuff to me, and again, i say, there is nothing wrong with sonalksis. Moving a website takes a couple days to get everything functional, calm down.

Shoot first, ask questions later.

Nice Job, krandr! :tu:
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

:nutter:

U BEE FATO YE DE ...PAATI SANKANA !!!

TheoM wrote:

in other words, you don't have the latest version, and don't want to pay the tiny fee to support them to upgrade to 64 bit, which was a HUGE amount of work.

They work fine on older mac os and win versions.. in other words, they work fine on the OS they were *promised* to work on when released.

Nothing to be aware of from their end at all. Moreso, kvr readers are being made aware of a troublesome customer who doesn't want to pay the tiny, one off upgrade fee, uses an outdated version and blames the dev for his own lack of having the latest version to use on his new OS.:tu: ;)

Again, the 32 bit versions work on the OSes and DAW's they were tested with to work at the time.

Imagine if you had to pay the upgrade from 32 to 62 for every your plugin Theo.

Igro wrote:
TheoM wrote:

Imagine if you had to pay the upgrade from 32 to 62 for every your plugin Theo.
i did for some of them... can't you see this guy is actually just trolling and is anti sonalksis on purpose? I mean how more obvious could it be? At least sonalksis had one fee for as many plugins as you own.

Many of the plugins i bought were already 64 bit, many are still only 32 bit, and many i paid for new version numbers with updates. It's not that uncommon.

waves was not free to 64 bit (wup required), so why is this guy singling out sonalksis? What about mcdsp? Sonnox? Others? Do you want me to produce a list of all devs who had 64 bit upgrade fees if one had not bought during the grace period or had a very old version?

It appears that all sonalksis plugins are 64-bit by default now.

Robert Randolph wrote:It appears that all sonalksis plugins are 64-bit by default now.
naturally, if you bought them once they went 64bit. that's not the issue ... the issue is charging existing users a fee just for the 64bit dll's.

Daags wrote:
Robert Randolph wrote:It appears that all sonalksis plugins are 64-bit by default now.
naturally, if you bought them once they went 64bit. that's not the issue ... the issue is charging existing users a fee just for the 64bit dll's.
I never paid the 64-bit fee... I just re-installed the plugins via the manager, and it gave me all 64-bit versions.

I don't even see any way to update to 64-bit at this point. It appears that it is now the default.

Robert Randolph wrote:
Daags wrote:
I never paid the 64-bit fee... I just re-installed the plugins via the manager, and it gave me all 64-bit versions.

I don't even see any way to update to 64-bit at this point. It appears that it is now the default.

and you have run the 64bit version of the plugins ... and you are not in demo mode ?

Return to “Effects”