Waldorf Largo, PPG Wave 3.V and Waldorf Edition 2 are "NKS ready" now

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Largo Nave PPG Wave 3.V Waldorf Edition: Attack Waldorf Edition: D-Pole Waldorf Edition: PPG Wave 2.V

Pulled the Trigger and bought Nave. After noodling around for hours just a little praise here: what fun it is to control "wave1+2", "spectrum" filter" "noisy" and others via cc and get on the fly huge Sound deformations! and the cpu behavior is very efficient. not to speak of the great gui and 3d-wave Show.
excellent done, waldorf! for 75 euros really a unique, good price :party:
Last edited by TrekStar on Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

double post

Just get Largo.
Was totally stunned by the sound of those oscillators anf filters!
Wow.
Let's say that they deliver.

Anyone demoing/using Largo AAX on Pro Tools 12? I am finding the arp will play when PT transport is stopped but when you hit play, the arp stops. I am new to PT and maybe am missing some setting but I don't have this problem in VST on an alternate DAW.

This problem is most noticeable on the "Liam" patch.

JJ_Jettflow wrote:Anyone demoing/using Largo AAX on Pro Tools 12? I am finding the arp will play when PT transport is stopped but when you hit play, the arp stops. I am new to PT and maybe am missing some setting but I don't have this problem in VST on an alternate DAW.

I just tested this with the latest Largo v1.6.0, Pro Tools 12.4 and on Windows 10 64-bit. I could confirm this issue with multiple Arp patches. I could also confirm that this does not seem to happen with the VST plugin in other hosts like e.g. Live.

Will report this to the developer ASAP.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

nordickvr wrote:Just get Largo.
Wow.
Confirmed. Just bought both Largo and Nave, and right now Largo is definitely taking the lead. Nave will have to grow on me i guess, though, surprisingly Nave does have better factory presets imo.

Ridan wrote:
Wow.
Confirmed. Just bought both Largo and Nave, and right now Largo is definitely taking the lead. Nave will have to grow on me i guess, though, surprisingly Nave does have better factory presets imo.
Here's something I did for Nave. One of my favorite synths and a lot of fun to program. I got it on sale last year and never regretted it.

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim ... ldorf-nave

Ingonator wrote:
JJ_Jettflow wrote:Anyone demoing/using Largo AAX on Pro Tools 12? I am finding the arp will play when PT transport is stopped but when you hit play, the arp stops. I am new to PT and maybe am missing some setting but I don't have this problem in VST on an alternate DAW.

I just tested this with the latest Largo v1.6.0, Pro Tools 12.4 and on Windows 10 64-bit. I could confirm this issue with multiple Arp patches. I could also confirm that this does not seem to happen with the VST plugin in other hosts like e.g. Live.

Will report this to the developer ASAP.
Great! Thanks! I hope they can get to this before the sale ends. As it stands its a no sale without the arp working and while I love Largo to pieces, I remember the very long wait to 64 bit ..the main reason I sold my first copy of Largo and PPG 3V.

Is an e-licenser dongle needed to demo Largo or can it be done with the software? Seem silly if so - having trouble figuring an alternative right now!

edit: spotted on NI site:
This product requires eLicenser. This is free and no physical eLicenser key is required – just download and install the latest eLicenser Control Center (eLCC).

But it says I need the USB when I've installed the Demo - is it only the NI version that's dongle free? I'm confused. :?

Ridan wrote:
Wow.
I think Largo does have a great sound but I find Nave more interesting to make sounds with - great modulation options.

aMUSEd wrote:
Ridan wrote:
Wow.
I think Largo does have a great sound but I find Nave more interesting to make sounds with - great modulation options.
True, the mod options are nice, and can tell you guys had a lot of fun making some of the factory presets, don't know why it isn't all that thrilling for me yet. Ah well, just need to dedicate an entire day to it. Haven't opened it up a whole awful lot anyhow.

jobinho wrote:Is an e-licenser dongle needed to demo Largo or can it be done with the software? Seem silly if so - having trouble figuring an alternative right now!

edit: spotted on NI site:
This product requires eLicenser. This is free and no physical eLicenser key is required – just download and install the latest eLicenser Control Center (eLCC).

But it says I need the USB when I've installed the Demo - is it only the NI version that's dongle free? I'm confused. :?

Nope, there isn't "NI version" the single version can be used with soft elicenser for demo and full version. You will need a physical elicenser if you want to move the license form your computer.
dedication to flying

Ridan wrote:
Wow.
Confirmed. Just bought both Largo and Nave, and right now Largo is definitely taking the lead.
Just bought Largo. I couldn't resist reading this thread. I have been waiting for years to buy it! So, I can't let this opportunity slips from my hands!

I will map most of the controls of Blofeld to Largo and I hope it will work wonderfully :D

But, ..., Damn! Back to e-licenser shit :x I will be using just the desktop for Largo, unless I buy the dongle :cry:

Update:

Oh Wow! I don't BELIEVE it! :hihi:

The 4 knobs in Blofeld (with all the lines layout) are mapped automatically to the corresponding ones in Largo :hail: I didn't need to do anything, just move the button to the corresponding line (Ocs 1..3, Filter 1..2, Env, lfo). What a relief!

Unfortunately I couldn't make the Modulation matrix of Largo responds to the Matrix line in Blofeld. The arpeggiator is also not connected. But that's OK, those final bits of sound design I can do them by the mouse.
Even the Presets knob can change the presets in Largo :clap:

The 64bit is little buggy (sound is cut in some presets) in Bitwig, but the 32bit is great :tu:

So happy for such purchase. The best purchase so far. :party:

I'm getting this message when trying to install the demo:

"Currently, there is no eLicenser connected to your computer which you can download your license to. Please connect an appropriate USB-eLicenser to your computer. In case you do not have any USB-eLicensers available and want to download the license to a so-called "Soft-eLicenser", please contact the software vendor of your product, to learn how to create a Soft-eLicenser on your computer system."

Can anyone please guide as to how to install it dongle free?

thanks!

jobinho wrote:I'm getting this message when trying to install the demo:

"Currently, there is no eLicenser connected to your computer which you can download your license to. Please connect an appropriate USB-eLicenser to your computer. In case you do not have any USB-eLicensers available and want to download the license to a so-called "Soft-eLicenser", please contact the software vendor of your product, to learn how to create a Soft-eLicenser on your computer system."

Can anyone please guide as to how to install it dongle free?

thanks!
Have you tried to install the e-licenser first? If not, then download it from here (scroll down to the download) and install the e-licenser software:
http://www.steinberg.net/en/company/tec ... enser.html

Return to “Instruments”