Steinberg quality control and beta testing for plugins

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

They have none..

this is getting ridiculous...

I tried open deck out back on mavericks and it was fine, and my favourite of all the tape plugins sound wise (and zero latency with no phasing, i just love it)

My elicenser demo long expired. So, I thoroughly checked out the specs yesterday.. and it clearly says it is compatible with el capitan. I bought it. I downloaded the latest installer as listed for el capitan.

Knobs do not move at all in Logic X. Nada.

turn logic X to low res mode and it works.. after a few knob twiddles, POOF, logic disappears.

Unusable.

So , NO One on the beta tester team has ever tested it with logic x and el capitan, and especially not on a retina screen, and yet they clearly claim they are compatible. If it crashes on mine it will crash on anyone's.

Just like i was 100% spot on about the previous AU crash bugs with absolute VST2, and they mostly fixed them, i am right about this. I am hoping to get the attention of guillermo.
I ponied cash for more steinberg stuff i simply can not use.

groove agent still crashes after changing a few kits and then trying to close the plugin or close the daw.. so again, no one tested groove agent 4 at all on el capitan, as it crashes this way in standalone, as a vst in cubase, or an au in logic.

What do they do, load it up once, see it loaded, and say, "that's it it works"? :shock:

thankfully their quality control is much better with cubase.

So with absolute i waited months to be able to use halion sonic and retrologue etc.. and 7 months later i still can't use groove agent, and now i can't use a brand new effect i bought and want to use *everywhere*.

And when i try contact support, it goes to the aussie distributor, who as i have proven 100% in the past, is completely useless.

Crash report on open deck:
http://pastebin.com/LE6n8tLe

have PLENTY of GA crash dumps to share.. standalone, cubase, logic. All after playing with it a bit, loading a few different kits, and trying to close it.
all latest versions..
and yes, their application installer utility is a joke btw.

<wrong post>

Return to “Effects”