MidiShaper 1.4 Out Now / Modulate your synths, effects and hardware

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
MidiShaper

Thanks stoutlyric for finding out. And thanks for posting in the Cakewalk forum, that's very appreciated!

Jakob,
Here is the link to the Cakewalk thread. Maybe this will work.

http://forum.cakewalk.com/tm.aspx?high= ... =1#2455115

stoutlyric wrote:Jakob,
Here is the link to the Cakewalk thread. Maybe this will work.

http://forum.cakewalk.com/tm.aspx?high= ... =1#2455115
Thanks a lot, Cakewalk has just contacted us!

Just wanted to let you know that we've just updated MidiShaper to version 1.4.

With the new version, MidiShaper's waveform editing sees many improvements and is now on par with our other plugins.

Note: The idea behind MidiShaper is simple: Very flexible LFOs and envelopes that output MIDI pitchbend, modwheel, aftertouch and MIDI CC / control messages.

Depending on your DAW and plugins or external hardware that you want to control, the MIDI routing can be quite simple to set up, or it can be very complex or close to impossible.

It all depends on how well the DAW of your choice handles internal MIDI routings and automation. If you succeed, you'll get super-flexible LFOs and envelopes added to your favorite hardware devices, to your DAW's controls and to your software synthesizers and effects.

To help you getting started we've got some tutorials for you on MidiShaper's website.

Still hoping for a MIDI FX version of MidiShaper. It would make it soooo much more useful for Logic users. I'd even throw extra money at it to make it happen.

+1

Jakob / Cableguys wrote:With the new version, MidiShaper's waveform editing sees many improvements and is now on par with our other plugins.
And where can I see what has changed? :help:

Tricky-Loops wrote:
Jakob / Cableguys wrote:With the new version, MidiShaper's waveform editing sees many improvements and is now on par with our other plugins.
And where can I see what has changed? :help:
Most of all, we've changed the way you can create and change of points in the waveform - after more user testings that we did for VolumeShaper 4. Then selecting multiple wave points at once and editing them (moving, scaling etc) became more stable. Also, points could "flicker" (points jump) with some DAWs when moving the points, which had been improved. I think this also improves undo/redo for waveform edits.

Plus we now have less buttons below the waveform - you know have options when right-clicking in the waveform area, such as mirroring the points, selecting all of them, undo/redo, copy+paste etc.

Jakob / Cableguys wrote:Pitch is indeed outputted with 14bit, complying to the MIDI standard.

For other MIDI controls, the plugin which receives the data needs to support 14bit MIDI (which in reality means to combine two 7-bit messages to one 14-bit), which I guess is very rare. Let us know if you know of any plugin, would be interested to know for later.

But MidiShaper can also be used to output MIDI to external synths, maybe more of them support 14bit?
Jakob,

I use Midishaper in Reaper to feed the parameter modulation (instead of their own LFO in the parameter modulation) and this supports 14 bit MIDI messages.
So in my case I would love to see the option to output 14 bit messages :)

+1 for 14-bit MIDI CC
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Thank you for the new colors :)

is is possible to have adjustable "steps drawing" ?
it would very useful if we can adjust to 1/2 and 1/4 size of current step area...
especially when using with 2 and 4 bars sync settings.

Warm Regards,
Yıldırım.

yellukhan wrote:is is possible to have adjustable "steps drawing" ?
it would very useful if we can adjust to 1/2 and 1/4 size of current step area...
++++1!!!!

Another +1 for 14-bit CC, for use in Reaper and for use with u-he plugins and any others that support 14-bit CC (I actually think most modern plugins do so haven't yet checked which ones don't).

yellukhan wrote:Thank you for the new colors :)

is is possible to have adjustable "steps drawing" ?

Warm Regards,
Yıldırım.
I am just wondering how we could implement it nicely, without the UI getting more complicated. Maybe in the menu that pops up when you right-click in the waveform area? There we could offer a few options for the width. Would that be good, or could you think of other nice ways to implement it?

oh!
i didn't think of menu replacement but..
this was the first think that i checked with hope : right click to steps icon if there is a settings :D
i am also ok with the "right-click in the waveform area" option as you said.

Thanks for the fast response!

Return to “Effects”