Two new ambients

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Excellent stuff as always - great depth to the sounds.

I particularly enjoyed the teasing, tantalizing tones and progression of Murmur.

Thanks, Doug. :-)

To the extent that a proud papa can prefer one child over another I also prefer Murmur to Tannhauser Gate. (Shhhh ...)

...but C-beams glitter in the dark there :)

Good point ... :phones:

Of the two pieces, I think I prefer Murmur, but it's a close thing. It's probably because it feels less tense and edgy, which seems to better suit my mood tonight.

Good work :)

Thanks, seismic. It's always encouraging to get a thumbs up from an expert in the field. :-)

To me, these come across more as 'other world' than ambient. Enjoyed them anyway, and also like Murmur best.
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

Thanks, folderol.

Is "other world" a genre?

What is not ambient about them. (I'm an idjit when it comes to understanding genres!)

Tannhauser Gate is exactly my kind of music.

For all of the noises and unpitched electronic sound (not to mention the surreal little slices of tonal consonance here and there), there was what seemed like a distant echo of Webern in there. Webern...and maybe Ives. Only more...I don't know...shiny?

Awesome.

rachmiel wrote:Thanks, folderol.

Is "other world" a genre?

What is not ambient about them. (I'm an idjit when it comes to understanding genres!)
Maybe just me. I tend to think of 'ambient' as mostly soft floaty sounds :shrug:
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

i think "murmur" is my favorite track from you (so far)! :tu:

Thanks for listening and commenting, astrochimp. :-)

Just listened to Tannhauser Gate again, and liked it even more.

8)

Return to “Music Cafe”