Waldorf Largo, PPG Wave 3.V and Waldorf Edition 2 are "NKS ready" now

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Largo Nave PPG Wave 3.V Waldorf Edition: Attack Waldorf Edition: D-Pole Waldorf Edition: PPG Wave 2.V

Nope, no problem. I updated from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10, and all my eLicenser software works as it has under 8.1.

Thanks, I was worried the update could wipe out my license.
dedication to flying

rod_zero wrote:Thanks, I was worried the update could wipe out my license.
I was worried about that too, also with other stuff. But fact is, nothing refused to work until now. :) MS surely did some magic with the update procedure.

chk071 wrote:Read the manual, it's brilliant.
Thanks for the tip - I had done but still seems overly convoluted compared to many modern patch browsers.

Why cant I just save a patch? It's not loading the .fxb files as I'd expect. I'd also like cloud storage for multiple computer recall, which looks tricky - unless someone knows how to go about this with Largo?

jobinho wrote:
Thanks for the tip - I had done but still seems overly convoluted compared to many modern patch browsers.

Why cant I just save a patch? It's not loading the .fxb files as I'd expect. I'd also like cloud storage for multiple computer recall, which looks tricky - unless someone knows how to go about this with Largo?
The "File" menu in LArgo ooffers option to save both single Patches and Banks. The Browser offers loading both banks (*.fxb files) and single patches (*.fxp files). You could browse trough folders and single presets in teh left part iof the browser while in the right part you see the currently loaded bank.

The locations of bothe the factory content and the user content could be easily found with right-clicking at "local library" or "user library" and choosing "reveal in explorer" (in teh left part of tghe brower.

With single patch files is is also possible to search patches, inside banks this is not possible.

It is also possible to mark patches in a bank (with SHIFT + Leftclick or ALT + Leftclick) and choose "Save as Single programs" from teh right-click menu.

For more details you could also check the manual.

Anyway the new NKS and/or Komplete Kontrol implementation besides integration of the NI controllers also offers simple browsing trough single patches (and controls for browsing are included with the NI keyboard controllers).
The current plugin updates were mostly about the NKS implementation, more updates including additional bug fixes (e.g. for the Largo AAX plugin) should follow ASAP (no date for the next one yet but should no take too long). The next updates maybe will also incude further improvements for the NKS support.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Ingonator wrote:
jobinho wrote:

The "File" menu in LArgo ooffers option to save both single Patches and Banks. The Browser offers loading both banks (*.fxb files) and single patches (*.fxp files). You could browse trough folders and single presets in teh left part iof the browser while in the right part you see the currently loaded bank.

The locations of bothe the factory content and the user content could be easily found with right-clicking at "local library" or "user library" and choosing "reveal in explorer" (in teh left part of tghe brower.

With single patch files is is also possible to search patches, inside banks this is not possible.

It is also possible to mark patches in a bank (with SHIFT + Leftclick or ALT + Leftclick) and choose "Save as Single programs" from teh right-click menu.

For more details you could also check the manual.

Anyway the new NKS and/or Komplete Kontrol implementation besides integration of the NI controllers also offers simple browsing trough single patches (and controls for browsing are included with the NI keyboard controllers).
The current plugin updates were mostly about the NKS implementation, more updates including additional bug fixes (e.g. for the Largo AAX plugin) should follow ASAP (no date for the next one yet but should no take too long). The next updates maybe will also incude further improvements for the NKS support.
Thanks for the tips man! Found 'Add Scan Folder' which has solved my problems.

Just hoping I can use it dongle free beyond the demo trial. The NI website says so but support man at Waldorf seemed to think not.

Am I missing something here with PPG 3.V? On the Waldorf site, in the comparison to 2.v it states around 3000 presets. Now I have to say, the browser and the lack of names for presets is truly awful, but there is no way in hell the banks included add up to 3000 presets.

I just got largo, I want it to substitute a blofeld I might be selling.

Might be since I just discovered it can control a large amount of Largo parameters, only the matrix and some minor things can't be controlled, but the rest is there: oscilators waveshapes, filters, envelopes, lfo's

Probably one of the few soft synths with a dedicated controller XD
dedication to flying

Can you use PPG 3.V as an FX plugin? I can't demo it until I get a new computer.

Nope

jacqueslacouth wrote:Am I missing something here with PPG 3.V? On the Waldorf site, in the comparison to 2.v it states around 3000 presets. Now I have to say, the browser and the lack of names for presets is truly awful, but there is no way in hell the banks included add up to 3000 presets.
No preset names? And I thought Arturia synths were bad :)
What about the Komplete Kontrol software? Weren't the presets named and tagged to be searchable there?

Mariosprt wrote:
jacqueslacouth wrote:Am I missing something here with PPG 3.V? On the Waldorf site, in the comparison to 2.v it states around 3000 presets. Now I have to say, the browser and the lack of names for presets is truly awful, but there is no way in hell the banks included add up to 3000 presets.
No preset names? And I thought Arturia synths were bad :)
What about the Komplete Kontrol software? Weren't the presets named and tagged to be searchable there?
Actually tze PPG Wave 3.V patches should have presets names but the default bank is maybe a bit different as that is from the hardware PPG Wave synth.

The included presets are indeed also included as NKS files.

An update for PPG Wave 3.V with some bug fixes (ncluding the AAX plugin) and more factory banks (including a fully PPG 3.V compatible version of my own patches currently included with the Waldorf Edition 2) is currently work in progress.
Last edited by Ingonator on Wed May 04, 2016 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ingo Weidner
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

I also plan to create NKS presets of my own commercial PPG Wave 3.V bank that is availale at the Waldorf Online Shop ASAP.
Ingo Weidner

Unfortunately I purchased the pour cousin of the PPG v3 (in the "Waldorf Edition 2"). Why do you even sell the PPG v2 anymore? It seems so obsolete compared to the v3. At least you could have included a few more modern features (layering for example). If you allowed returns on downloads I would have returned and purchased v3.

Return to “Instruments”