MusicLab RealStrat

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I saw and heard RealStrat at Musikmesse yesterday. See picture. The basis is 1gb of clean samples of a Fender Strat. I heard it A/B with the sampled Strat - see the two Amplitube instances opened - and I can say that RealStrat is an impressive instrument, mainly due to its sophisticated midi keyswitches options. Sergey who demoed it skillfully said it will be available in April.

Also see http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=173503

cheers

Last edited by justjazz on Sun Sep 23, 2007 12:10 am, edited 2 times in total.

justjazz wrote:Frank, any comments on how easy it looked to play, especially for rhythm guitar? The beauty of RealGuitar is that you can get convincing sounds out of it without requiring huge practice.
Keyboard playing skills certainly help but getting convincing rhythm and solo results didn't look like rocket science to me.

It's the same as RealGuitar2L, but layed out for electric guitar, with a couple of more keyswitches (2x17 to be precise). So if you can handle RealGuitar, you can totally handle RealStrat.

Ah yeah, and I love tripple threads. :lol:
Here's also the coverage of RealStrat (from KVR, but at the MusicLab boards)
http://www.musiclab.com/community/forum ... =7050#7050
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Wow! I've been waiting for this for a long time! (As I'm sure other KVR folks have.) I can't wait to try the demo. :D
Buy my cd here (Prog rock/synth pop/classical/soundtrack-ish music):
http://cdbaby.com/cd/cyanogen
Newer songs/unreleased material:
https://soundcloud.com/cyanogenmusicpage

If there will be one, as Sergey from Musiclab said "to test it in an acceptable way, the demo has to offer a certain size".

And this is troublesome if the whole VSTi consists of one guitar only, which has 1GB. Unlike RG2L, which has 5 (or were it 6?), so there it was no problem to offer a 30MB demo.

We will see what happens, as soon as it's out.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

i'm really wanting this one
of everything coming out this year this is the only one that really piques my interest. RealGuitar2L was fantastic when I demoed it but I don't really have a need for acoustic sounds.

Electric however... I can make room for that ;)

This is the Strat that I was told was sampled for RealStrat and that was a/b -ed at Musikmesse. The serial number looks like E 925326 which afaik is an 80s US Strat (although it seems some E-models have been manufactured in Japan).

datapark wrote:i'm really wanting this one
of everything coming out this year this is the only one that really piques my interest. RealGuitar2L was fantastic when I demoed it but I don't really have a need for acoustic sounds.

Electric however... I can make room for that ;)

Great! So is Realstrat really powered by the Kontakt player, or is it just a rumour?
Cowbells!

dalor wrote:Great! So is Realstrat really powered by the Kontakt player, or is it just a rumour?
Go shake your head.

datapark wrote:
dalor wrote:Great! So is Realstrat really powered by the Kontakt player, or is it just a rumour?
Go shake your head.
...because? In theory it would be possible, especially with the quite powerful scripting functions. Since Realguitar didn't use the Kontakt player, I just assume Realstrat is not using it either. But who knows? :shrug:
Cowbells!

dalor wrote:
datapark wrote:
Go shake your head.
...because? In theory it would be possible, especially with the quite powerful scripting functions. Since Realguitar didn't use the Kontakt player, I just assume Realstrat is not using it either. But who knows? :shrug:
Of course its not.
Look at it, man. Its just RealGuitar with strat samples and extra keyswitching.

Whoever came up with that rumor should shoot himself. It's indeed like RG2L, but massively enhanced. Those who spread the rumors probably were like "OMG BestService has a deal with this and that sample creator, and now it's Kontakt Based".

It is, if we talk about Chris Hein or the Prominy Guitars (though they're not powered by BestService AFAIK), but not in case for Musiclab's RealStrat.

V4 just came out, and I'm jumped on the upgrade. I'm checking out the new features and improvements. So far, SOOO good!

That's what I call enthusiasm... revive a 9 year old thread!

I hope you enjoy RealStrat v4... a ton of cool upgrades in there. Including the "Humanize" engine, the previously introduced "Chord Tab" mode, 2-mono instances (yes, finally mono outputs!) and "dual track" presets!

Return to “Instruments”