New soundset based on the sound of Boards Of Canada available for Strobe 2 (17 Free patches)

For discussion and announcements of soundware - patches, presets, soundsets, soundbanks, loop libraries, construction kits, MIDI libraries, etc.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Warped Visions is my latest soundset for Strobe 2, inspired by artist like Boards of Canada, Com Truise, Tycho and Bibio. Perfect for replicating that late nineties IDM vibe, as well as more contemporary style such as Vaporwave, Warped Visiions, brings you to that introspective sombre place exemplified by these genres.

Comprising 130 pad and synth sounds this soundset will fit in with most alternative styles such as Vaporwave, Chillout, IDM, Breakcore and IDM. All sounds utilise the transmod system extensively, with aftertouch and modwheel assigned on all sounds with further controllers assigned on many. These allow you to warp these sounds in numerous ways, creating wide 3d expanses of aural bliss. So buy Warped Visions now and listen as Strobe 2 dissolves into a saturated mist.

https://soundcloud.com/yemski/warped-visions-merged

https://soundcloud.com/yemski/sets/boc-stylings

Seventeen free promotional presets available here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/0g5tc2cjjhrf0 ... o.rar?dl=0

Price 15 pounds or 22 dollars

Available here: https://sellfy.com/p/huOe/

And here: https://synthmob.com/presets/strobe-2/warped-visions
Last edited by yemski on Mon May 02, 2016 10:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Musicmaker: "I'm playing all the right notes, but not neccesarily in the right order" Eric Morecame : Comedy Bhoddisatva

Posted Morphox demos presets by mistakes. :dog:

All fixed now. Apologies to anyone who downloaded the Morphox demos. The Strobe 2 demo presets are there now.
Musicmaker: "I'm playing all the right notes, but not neccesarily in the right order" Eric Morecame : Comedy Bhoddisatva

yemski wrote:Posted Morphox demos presets by mistakes. :dog:

All fixed now. Apologies to anyone who downloaded the Morphox demos. The Strobe 2 demo presets are there now.
:hihi: It's one of those days for me too. Great sounds btw will check out the demo patches.

Ridan wrote:
yemski wrote:Posted Morphox demos presets by mistakes. :dog:

:hihi: It's one of those days for me too. Great sounds btw will check out the demo patches.
Lol. My head's not in game right now. It would be good to hear what you think about these though. Constructive criticism is always welcome from my peers.

yemski wrote:inspired by artist like Boards of Canada, Com Truise, Tycho and Biblio.
You meant Bibio, right?
Anyway, congrats in the release. Seems very tasty.
Free banks for soft synths | ghostwave.fr | soundcloud.com/ghostwaveaudio

Had some time to play around with the pads from the free demo. Superb work! Could automatically tell that you knew your way around Strobe 2 like the back of your hand. I find these types of sounds to be more usable for the music i like to make (when time and inspiration permits) and listen to.

Favorite patch atm - Glistening-Surface. Gorgeous.

Good luck with the release. It definitely deserves praise. :tu:

Ridan wrote:Had some time to play around with the pads from the free demo. Superb work! Could automatically tell that you knew your way around Strobe 2 like the back of your hand. I find these types of sounds to be more usable for the music i like to make (when time and inspiration permits) and listen to.

Favorite patch atm - Glistening-Surface. Gorgeous.

Good luck with the release. It definitely deserves praise. :tu:
Thanks for the props man. Glistening Surface is one of my favourite patches in this set too. After I'd finished writing that patch I knew I was on to something special. :) Programming this set was a real eye opener in terms of the deep evocative timbres I was able to create.I'm really pleased with what I was able to achieve.

There's a very organic feel with Strobe that very few synths can emulate. I've spent a long term with it and it's almost modular in terms of the flexibility that the transmod system allows. I'm using it a lot right now, since it adds a certain special vibe to tracks with it's unique character.
I would recommend it to anybody who is into quality sounds with lots of feel and certainly to anybody who is into sound design.

I've been on the fence over Strobe 2 - partly because I have DCam 1 and rarely use it - but this may tip me over the edge.

Carbonflake wrote:
yemski wrote:inspired by artist like Boards of Canada, Com Truise, Tycho and Biblio.
You meant Bibio, right?
Anyway, congrats in the release. Seems very tasty.
Ha ha. Well spotted. Just corrected now.

aMUSEd wrote:I've been on the fence over Strobe 2 - partly because I have DCam 1 and rarely use it - but this may tip me over the edge.
This is a significant advance on Strobe 1 and Dcam. A mate of mine swore by Strobe 1 and Dcam but I was never quite sure. While I liked it in a lot of ways I was always a bit on the fence about it. Strobe 2 on the other hand takes the latent potential that I heard in it's predecessor and really runs with it. I've got another set consisting of arp sounds that I've written with it, that really surprised me in terms of the breadth and variety of sounds that I could coax from it. It even excels at the sort of arp sounds you might hear from Spire or Hive, which was really quite unexpected. It's also capable of some really deep, classic synth type sounds, some of which were really reminiscent of the sounds I've heard created with modular systems. For such a conceptually simple synth, in terms of the basic virtual analog paradigm it operates under, there's a lot you can do. What really makes the difference of course is the transmod system, that allows for a huge amount of experimentation when you start working with it. I know that you're a pretty capable sound designer yourself, so I think you'd get a real kick out of experimenting with this. So yes, you should definitely get it.

OK you convinced me - just bought it, next your bank.

It's a bit unclear how to add these - import seems pretty useless as it just imports one preset at a time and if I drag the folder into the presets folder Strobe treats it as a factory bank, not a separate bank, and adds Warped-Visions as the artist which is stupid. How do I make it so Strobe see's these as a bank, separate from the factory bank?

aMUSEd wrote:It's a bit unclear how to add these - import seems pretty useless as it just imports one preset at a time and if I drag the folder into the presets folder Strobe treats it as a factory bank, not a separate bank, and adds Warped-Visions as the artist which is stupid. How do I make it so Strobe see's these as a bank, separate from the factory bank?
That's strange. I don't remember encountering such a problem.

Not on my music machine right now, so I may be wrong. From what I can remember, off the top of my head, you should be able to toggle between factory banks and user banks. When you do, there should be a panel that allows you to select a particular artist bank from the user bank. This would be easier to explain with the plug right in front of me, but I hope this has helped a bit.
If I get a chance, I'll explain more fully if you haven't been able to resolve it soon.

Other than that enjoy Strobe 2. :tu:

Thing is I can't even see where user banks are supposed to go.

edit Ok found it - I was putting it in the factory folder - the user folder is in documents/FXpansion/Strobe2

so working now - except it still has the artist as Warped-Visions, not your name - it must go by folder name

aMUSEd wrote:Thing is I can't even see where user banks are supposed to go.

edit Ok found it - I was putting it in the factory folder - the user folder is in documents/FXpansion/Strobe2

so working now - except it still has the artist as Warped-Visions, not your name - it must go by folder name
Glad you got it sorted. It's unfortunate that the presets management is'nt more streamlined and less cumbersome. Sorting by Artist as well as soundset/bank would be a good improvement here.
All that being said, how are you getting on with Strobe 2 in general?

Return to “Soundware”