7%
22%
30%
18%

Total votes: 390

RELATED
PRODUCTS
Repro

Urs gave away which is the most accurate model out of 5 to their unit.

What can I say... I'm glad I was right :)

EvilDragon wrote:Urs gave away which is the most accurate model out of 5 to their unit.

I've never knowingly been wrong. :party:

AnX wrote:If you didnt vote #3, you dont deserve a synth like this. Its that simple.
Yes! Amen to that.

shroom81 wrote:
urosh wrote: BTW, something always bothered me with Diva envelopes but I thought that I imagined things, but RePro does resonant blips very good, so I'm back to theory that something is weird with Diva envs
I'm afraid I have to second that, I used to have a Juno-6 and the envelopes on it were a lot faster then Diva's. I would love to be able to make snappy stabs with Diva. Faster envelopes pretty please ? :)
+1
Something about the envelopes of DIVA is strange.

Also I find it especially hard to get the right amount of Decay time, since the interesting range for snappy stuff has like 1mm on the knob (while the uninteresting areas before and after get a lot more space/resolution).

After walking away from this for 46 pages, I finally ran through more tests and this is what I personally came up with.

1 is just a train wreck. Too many artifacts.

5 is smooth but dull.

3 is actually out of tune at self oscillation.

2 is just slightly better than 1.

4 is the best of the lot to my ears.

Having said all that, I like Diva's filters much better. There is no contest.

EvilDragon wrote:Urs gave away which is the most accurate model out of 5 to their unit.

Which one?
You can hear my original music at this link: https://www.soundclick.com/artist/defau ... dID=224436

Ok after having another go at it inside bitwig. I like 5 the best with 4 as my second favourite.

I set up the Bitwig LFO tool to make multiple parameter changes to Repro so i got a pretty good idea of all the nice little changes.

The only thing this is making me want now, is a real Pro-one and some real analog synthesizers. :lol:

this must be a good sign.
:borg:

aaron aardvark wrote:

Which one?
3. :)

Urs implied that filter 3 is the most expensive algorithm. In one aspect at least, filter 4 is closer to the behaviour of uhe's pro one.

(that said, at non-extreme settings they all sound pretty much the same to me.)

EvilDragon wrote:
aaron aardvark wrote:

Which one?
Wow if that's true it looks like i was right with my vote and my corresponding first post here... :)
I did also not change my mind about over the time this thread was going on while i agree that filter 4 seems to be nice too.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

I never had a clue which one was most analog but I still like 4 the best.
Rekkerd.org the latest news on audio plugins, sample libraries & virtual instruments, synth presets & more.
Don't click here if you can't control yourself!

hakey wrote:
Urs implied that filter 3 is the most expensive algorithm.
This is what I suspected from day 1...

Interesting though how this fits together with the poll results :!:
So probably best to just use #4 for the final product...

cheers,
kybernaut_01

I became more convinced by 3's quality over time, as it aliased less than 4 under extreme modulation (particularly noticeable using headphones, I found). However, I voted for 4 due to the sheer level of punchiness it had - which may well be fed by aliasing tbf. Knowing what we know now, I suspect that 4 is the more expensive unit delay model.

Ultimately, I didn't feel that 1,2 or 5 were in the same league as 3 and 4. In the end it was a real coin flip for me between these two. Having said, there are many, many situations where I'd be completely happy to use any of these filters.

EvilDragon wrote:
aaron aardvark wrote:

Which one?
Oh wow! I'm really happy! Not because I chose #3 but because it means I don't need to replace my monitors anytime soon :hihi:

Vesius wrote:I became more convinced by 3's quality over time
I became more convinced once I knew it was the expensive algorithm. The difference is night and day.

Return to “Instruments”