Fl Studo Mac update Kontakt to 5.3.1 + Install new vsts

Official support for: image-line.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Greetings,

If anyone is running Fl Mac beta and trying to update kontakt to 5.3+ but getting the error "This product requires at least Windows 7 Cannot Install"

Ive figured out a work around.

The problem is that FL's built in installer uses crossover based on xp so won't load the new kontact installer.

The way around is to download crossover free trial to your mac, open crossover, click configure from menu bar and then click install software.

In the top of the window that opens scroll down and select other application which is under Unsupported applications

Then click select an installer and click choose installer file, then locate the kontact 5.3 exe

Then click select a bottle into which to install, then click new windows 7 bottle and name it, just to the right

Then click proceed in the bottom right corner.

The installer will now load, so install normally but don't change the install path that is has as default.

(You can't install into the fl studio c drive from here so we go ahead and install into the newly created crossover windows 7 bottle)

Once thats done we need to get the files we just installed and move them over to FL studio.

So close your crossover installer that we just used by clicking cancel.

Now in the crossover window that remains on the left pane you should be able to see the windows 7 bottle that you named earlier and installed contact 5.3 to, now select it and you should see a kontact icon in the crossover screen, now click bottle from menu bar and select open c drive

Then double click program files and you will now see native instruments alongside common files internet explorer and netscape

Copy the native instruments folder to you desktop

Then open a new finder window

and navigate to your hd / users/yourusername/library/application support/fl studio/bottles/flstudio/drive_c/program files and paste the native instruments folder you copied to your desktop earlier here

Thats it, then open fl studio and refresh vsts

This should also work for other vsts that fl studio can't install due to their built in xp crossover installer

Happy Days

If anyone gets stuck give me a shout

Peace

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
Hey man I pretty much followed all your steps and when I try to load up the vst in FL studio it isnt working.

I feel like I am coming close but nothing is working. Could you please help me.
waju@streetracermusic.com (mailto:waju@streetracermusic.com) you can email me directly

Thanks!

Hey Man I read your post but it doesn't seem to work for me. Is there ANYTHING I can do?? Please help me I've been trying to figure this out for so long

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
Hi guys! I'm just facing the same problem. Can anybody help me?
My e-mail: lowcianoo@gmail.com (mailto:lowcianoo@gmail.com)

Return to “Image Line”