Space Oddity Redux-a tribute

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Spent the afternoon messing with the isolated vocals of David Bowies Space Oddity to create a humble tribute version to get over the grief.
work really is therapeutic.
The merits of modern day technology!

https://soundcloud.com/digitalaudiodesi ... dity-redux

Very well done. Thanks
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

Great idea and superbly executed. Quite a journey. Well done!

Very nice.. how did you isolate the vocals on the original if I may ask? :)
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

Thank you all for your kind words. This was as close as i could ever hope to get to working with him. The acapella tracks are a part of the 40th anniversary edition of the song.
https://itunes.apple.com/de/album/space ... 01809?l=en

Lovely tribute. I like the jazzy harmonies you have added. They complement the vocals in a most agreeable way, and the minimalism shows off Mr. Bowie's vocals very well indeed. This was very enjoyable.

Good work :)

Thank you very much.
Truth to be told-i couldnt figure out some of the original chords and decided to use something else instead-the vocal performance is so strong that i felt it deserved as much space as possible.
That duke could sing!

Dr.Wu wrote:Spent the afternoon messing with the isolated vocals of David Bowies Space Oddity to create a humble tribute version to get over the grief.
work really is therapeutic.
The merits of modern day technology!
extraction made with the sonicworks sofware i assume ?

...sounds brilliant and absolutely no audible artifacts now included in the new sonic environment, i assume also that the reverbs added on vocal part, are contributing effectively in masking them ?

i'm also impressed because they're different vocal parts with different locations in the stereo field...tough task !

The vocal stems were part of the 40th anniversary release of the single. It came with all the stems-including drums, bass, guitars etc.
The merits of modern day technology were the fact that i could import those into my daw and add new chords using software plug ins to those vocals.

Return to “Music Cafe”