Sonic Academy Kick v2 Available now!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Kick - Nicky Romero Artist Edition Kick 2

Ivan_C wrote:Someone is talking about me ? :D

Charles is the developer from Tritik (http://www.tritik.com/fr/), my contribution to Kick 2 wasn't significant compared to his, and honestly he did a really amazing job porting the original code from Kick 1 and adding new functions. He is the one to congratulate if you like the new Kick, with Phil and Bryan obviously for the ideas, the presets, the UI, the testing + a LOT of other things :wink:
All clear now. We're in good hands.

Cheers, Ivan!

It's the music that makes the science worthwhile.

k-tronix wrote:Does great bass as well:

https://soundcloud.com/k-tronix-1/mending-fences
nice!

kick2 is awesome, am using it on everything..

What experience have you with the sonic academy support ?
3 days ago I wrote to them. I got an email:
Thank you for contacting Sonic Academy Customer Support,

Your request (3329) has been received and is being reviewed by our support staff.
To add additional comments, reply to this email.

But no answer from the support...................
My Recording Studio http://www.echopark.at

Bank Holiday weekend?
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Yeah, it was May Day holiday weekend in the UK so everyone here either goes nuts or takes a well earned break ;)
I once thought I had mono for an entire year. It turned out I was just really bored...

echopark wrote:What experience have you with the sonic academy support ?
I've only had to email once (at launch time), and they got back to me within a few hours. Hopefully it's just bad timing in your case and they'll have you sorted soon.

Well, knowing that Tritik Charles' talents have been put to use in this, i'm even more keen to grab it. I just wish i had some spare time to actually use it but i can't see that happening soon.

The price in the first post shown as £24.95 / $39.95 / €29.95. But it shows $72 on the web site. Did it go up that much?

Astralv wrote:The price in the first post shown as £24.95 / $39.95 / €29.95. But it shows $72 on the web site. Did it go up that much?
Upgrade vs first time buyer?
Intel Core i7 8700K, 16gb, Windows 10 Pro, Focusrite Scarlet 6i6

Astralv wrote:The price in the first post shown as £24.95 / $39.95 / €29.95. But it shows $72 on the web site. Did it go up that much?
thats still Kick 1

We've updated this to V1.02

patch notes:
Improved Bezier Curve Accuracy
Firstly and most importantly we have improved the accuracy of the Bezier curves.
What this means is that the curves will now be much higher precision and will have less artifacts audible - The factory presets have all been updated to work with the new algorithm so there shouldn't be any change here.
If you have a saved project that you have been working on and you find that the new version of KICK 2 sounds a little different when you reopen your project - you can simply flip the switch in the settings panel to revert the algorithm back to the original legacy version. Going forward we recommend that you use the new improved bezier curves which are enabled by default.

KICK 2 Upgrade version now includes Kick 1 Nicky Romero presets
If you have come from Kick 1 you may have been missing your Nicky Romero presets on upgrade - we've converted these and they are now available from the DLC folder (Only on the KICK 2 Upgrade version)

KICK 1 Preset Pack Vol 1 and 2 now KICK 2 compatible
Preset Pack Vol 1 and 2 (Big Kicks and the Ost & Meyer Pack) are now fully compatible with KICK 2. If you have already purchased these packs - simply re-download them and you will find a KICK 2 installer.

Other fixes & changes
- fixed: Clicking when using bezier curves in the AMP Envelope (see above note on improved curve accuracy)
- fixed: missing presets list refresh when switching category
- fixed: wrong octave index in render key display
- fixed: inconsistent curve shape when zooming
- fixed: normalised clicks not filling the waveform display
- fixed: GUI movement on switching to DLC folders
- fixed: Changing the limiter lookahead sometimes was not working

change: Render key input now accepts the note name / not the MIDI note number
change: Gate now uses an exponential curve to minimise digital clicks
change: Meters now have a smoother response

More info
https://forums.sonicacademy.com/t/kick- ... -636/33034

I have contacted Sonic Academy support about the fact that KICK 2 freezes randomly every 30 sec or so and altough they said it should be fixed in the updated version, it was not fixed. At least not for me. The plugin is practically unusable with this bug.

Please please, don´t tell me I am the only one experiencing this problem. I have never experienced this out of all 100+ plugins I use. The DAW, the OS, the plugin and the graphic card drivers are fully updated. Why me!?

Ohlson_M wrote:I have contacted Sonic Academy support about the fact that KICK 2 freezes randomly every 30 sec or so and altough they said it should be fixed in the updated version, it was not fixed. At least not for me. The plugin is practically unusable with this bug.

Please please, don´t tell me I am the only one experiencing this problem. I have never experienced this out of all 100+ plugins I use. The DAW, the OS, the plugin and the graphic card drivers are fully updated. Why me!?
Hey, so I remember this in customer service, but assumed it was resolved as I did not hear back. Can you reopen the ticket and I'll investigate it ?

It´s done. Just wanted to see if other KICK users in this massive thread have had the same problem. It feels like I am the only one, cannot understand it.

Return to “Instruments”