Can anyone suggest current equivalent of Audio Nerdz Delay Lama plugin ??

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Madrona Labs just released Virta, a "sound controlled synthesis and effects" plugin:

http://madronalabs.com/products/virta

I just downloaded the demo, and it does a LOT of crazy stuff, including synths controlled by an incoming audio signal. It also does cool drones, one of which (the preset called "the terrible secret of space") sounds a LOT like the Delay Lama stuff. The Virta oscillators can generate VOSIM signals, which IIRC were the basis of Delay Lama.

Sean Costello

TheoM wrote:
Mister Gibson wrote:Delay Lama works here in OSX 10.10.5

really? So i'd download the beta one then? They want an email so just checking.

Cause it says 2004 and i didn't even realise universal binaries were out then. I thought it was all still PPC.

32bit obviously, but that's ok, but yosemite is intel only.. just wanted to double check i read this right, as i would love to use delay llama again
You are correct.

CORRECTION

Delay Lama 1.2b (April 2004) appears to install on Yosemite but it is unavailable however, it installs and is available on Mavericks.
**I forgot I'm using a dual boot setup because of the Intel only snag.
And the beat goes on...

Mister Gibson wrote:
TheoM wrote:

Cause it says 2004 and i didn't even realise universal binaries were out then. I thought it was all still PPC.

32bit obviously, but that's ok, but yosemite is intel only.. just wanted to double check i read this right, as i would love to use delay llama again
You are correct.

CORRECTION

Delay Lama 1.2b (April 2004) appears to install on Yosemite but it is unavailable however, it installs and is available on Mavericks.
the last PPC compatible OSX was snow leopard. You;ve lost me.

valhallasound wrote:Madrona Labs just released Virta, a "sound controlled synthesis and effects" plugin:

http://madronalabs.com/products/virta

I just downloaded the demo, and it does a LOT of crazy stuff, including synths controlled by an incoming audio signal. It also does cool drones, one of which (the preset called "the terrible secret of space") sounds a LOT like the Delay Lama stuff. The Virta oscillators can generate VOSIM signals, which IIRC were the basis of Delay Lama.

Sean Costello
Very interesting thanks Sean.

BTW, I've received a reply from Aram Verwoest from Audio Nerdz.
Aram says they are actually moving forward and porting the old code back into reality and to quote "this means a Delay Lama AU will be happening and chances are 2016 will be the year for this".

TheoM wrote:
Mister Gibson wrote:
TheoM wrote:

You are correct.

CORRECTION

the last PPC compatible OSX was snow leopard. You;ve lost me.

My upgrade from Snow Leopard to Mavericks did not affect my ability to install and use the plugin.
And the beat goes on...

This was an interesting exercise.

In the end I booted up an old G4 that has the original Delay Lama VST on it running in Cubase and created the DL part I wanted there, then exported it as an audio track so I could use it in Logic.

Sean ,thanks for the tip about Virta, great plugin which I used as well.
I put the midi of the Delay Lama track through Alchemy and then fed that to a Virta track.

Will post mix when finished :wink:

Return to “Effects”