Rackmounted Synth

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi guys,

Long time since I've posted here!

I used to own an Access Virus rackmounted synth a few years back and loved it, but had to sell it. I've looked all over and can't find another one. So, what would be an equivalent to the Virus?

Cheers!

A Virus is a Virus mostly..
The Korg MS2000R is a nice racked digital. Nord racks are awesome, but even more expensive.

IK7 wrote:Hi guys,

Long time since I've posted here!

I used to own an Access Virus rackmounted synth a few years back and loved it, but had to sell it. I've looked all over and can't find another one. So, what would be an equivalent to the Virus?

Cheers!
If you loved a Virus... wait and get another one.

I don't think I have seen any other Access Virus rackmount synths appear anywhere online in Europe =(

I will look into the Korg and see what that sounds like.

Excellent! They weren't there when I searched earlier. I shall definitely keep a better eye out.

Are there any other suggestions for similar synths with a space/dance style sound?

Not really a Virus replacement, but very nice all the same ...

http://www.vintagesynth.com/misc/atc1.php

I would suggest a 2nd Virus, too (if you already felt in love with it). Maybe at the moment there are not many used ones. But the Virus is usually very often available in used condition.

An alternative could be a Nord Rack 2x, or JP 8000?

I really miss my nord rack 2. I had it before I really knew what I had and ended up selling it. I never had or used a virus though. I got too caught up in the hate for the "does it sound like a virus" threads on this forum 10 years ago...

Looking at demos of the other units, its probably best if I do wait for a Virus to appear, as I probably won't be happy with anything else.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”