You Rock/Ample Guitar with Logic Pro X

Official support for: amplesound.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi, I watched the midi guitar video and pick up a YRG Gen II guitar. I followed the video instructions, though I have Logic Pro X instead of Cubase.

When I started playing (Using the AGT II), I hear the instrument, but the signal seems to be bypassing the Ample Host--I don't see any activity in the Ample window, and the Ample controls don't seem to be modifying the sound.

Can you provide detailed instructions on how to play the Ample Guitar using the YRG as the controller and Logic Pro X as the DAW? I figure I'm missing something, and would like to get the full benefit of the AG Host.

Thanks.

What AGT version are you using? and did you set the correct MIDI channel on You Rock?

Hi, I'm not exactly sure which midi channel to use or how to set it, but think I set it to channel 17 (the YRG manual is unclear and gives minimal instruction on midi settings). I'm using the AGT II version. Any guidance will be welcome; thanks.

Please open the settings panel, turn MIDI guitar on and set the same MIDI channel for each strings
111.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hate to keep on this, but now I have another question. In the video, you have a very smooth slide from lower notes to upper notes and vice-versa. When I slide I hear each note separately, so it doesn't sound like a smooth slide. Did you adjust the YRG guitar settings somehow to make a smooth legato slide?

You need to switch legato option to "Auto LS"
111.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Ample Sound”