Slate Raven is looking amazing!

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Raven MTI 2 for logic pro X:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkV_LQ6 ... 3062990621

there is of course versions for pro tools, cubase, etc.

It looks so intuitive and will speed up many boring functions - the batch command button is especially enticing. I also feel mixing volume levels with it will be perfect.
What i can't work out from watching any of the videos so far though, is if i can combine it with my current monitor or if it has to be the one and only - the latter would be a deal breaker i guess.

Also i presume the low res look in the video is because the raven doesn't have in built screencast software and they are using an external camera to film the screen. But just wanted to be sure it is hi res and crips in real life.

$999 USD is pretty much a bargain, like slate say that's the price of an apple thunderbolt display. The thing is from watching all the videos so far, it seems it can do alot more than dedicated interfaces with knobs can - it basically seems like it can do *anything* which is really cool. But yeah ,if it has to be the sole interface when working, i'll pass - if anyone knows, or has used one, please jump in! Will send slate a ticket in the meantime

Cheers

Looks pretty cool! Wow, extremely useful.

that actually looks very good. the price is very reasonable too.

problem is every page linking to it in OZ gives a no longer available.

Also posted in the mti topic at GS asking whether it allows use of itself alongside an existing screen and again my post already lost as new pages have followed with Slate quoting all questions and answering, except for that one.

frustrating!

frustrating indeed. does he ever post here? i don't recall.

yeah he does.. anyway someone thankfully answered at gearslutz and said you can.

And then i explained, great, cause slate talk about on the product page, to use the raven as the main screen for the entire computer.

And i said that 1920x1080 is no where near enough for me for a single screen, and that i already struggle for room with my imac's 2560x1440, and was considering getting even a 30" 2560x1600 just to have that little bit extra vertical info.

And a weird conversation followed. Is anything i said there weird lol? I mean, people at GS really CAN be so strange sometimes! Like everywhere i suppose.

oh, and no way could i use just a 1920x1080 screen for logic - so YES.. i will use the main imac screen for logic's arrange page, and dedicate the mixer to the slate. Which will be totally awesome. A permanent full screen mixer, and all my plugins will be done by touch, all my faders, and on the main screen i do all my editing and arranging via mouse (don't think i could ever get used to doing that by touch), and have an entire 2560x1440 dedicated *solely* to the logic arrange page.. no docked mixer, nada! If only i could get a third screen for the midi editor to be permanently open, but that's just pushing it :hihi:

gs reminds me of a grumpy relative who keeps going off their meds :wink:

Theo mate go for the three screen dream. it's not excessive if it improves your workflow.

Cool stuff, but I don't think the benefits are really gamebreaking. Most of this (in Ableton at least) can be handled by key shortcuts, racks and presets.
I also never felt like spending long time on mixer levels - if you need to do so, either project is bdaly engineered or you don't know what you're doing anyway. So there's not much to gain here.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

Not sure, but i wonder if slate is using this technology in their ravens.

http://musiccomputing.com/motioncommand-43-10-touch-4k/
:borg:

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”