Looking for a good alternative to Guitar Rig

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Does anyone know of a free vst that chains effects a vst that can hold other vsts in sequence so i can do guitar rig and other vsts and other effects?

with regard to GTR EFX, these days I'm using :
Tantra
EchoBode (you want chorus ? I got your chorus RIGHT HERE)
EchoBoy
good ol' WhamDrive
Little MicroShift
PodFarm2
it's sad the CamelSpace is no longer avail as a VST but Tantra really goes a long way toward replacing it
expert only on what it feels like to be me
https://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1/tracks

cj31387 wrote:Does anyone know of a free vst that chains effects a vst that can hold other vsts in sequence so i can do guitar rig and other vsts and other effects?
It should load up right in any host. Guitar rig plugs in as an effect, so you can stack before it in something like Reaper.

cj31387 wrote:Does anyone know of a free vst that chains effects a vst that can hold other vsts in sequence so i can do guitar rig and other vsts and other effects?
I'm not using the free one, but Magma is able to do that. Also newsonicarts Freestyle looks intresting.

One of my go to multiFX is Melda Mxxx, the modular system allows for a very flexible chaining of fx. It has a lot of cool processor which could be a good compliment for the Guitar Rig. Check out their chorus which is very flexible.
Kaossilatron - Voicillator
Station: Ableton Live 10 Suite, Obscurium, Push 2, Ultranova, MS-20m, Wavedrums

cj31387 wrote: That looks really cool, what is the latency on it though. To play guitar live i need to be under 15ms .
AFAIK vst-plugs dosnt have a latamcy, only your soundcard have!
In standalone and on my 5 year old imac with the onbord soundcard and set to 32 sample the "overall-latancy (in+out)" is under 3ms, with 128 sample its 7ms and wit 256 sample its under 13ms.
But there are 3,4 buffer-fx wich needs a filled tank before working wet - this ones i dont use live.

cj31387 wrote:some of the effects are lacking especially the chorus effects.
Cakewalk z3ta+ 1.5 effects dll is a fine multi-effects unit, chorus being a strong point.
I think V2.0 uses the same effects. Might find z3ta+ 1.5/2.0 synth
in the marketplace forum. 1.5 was on a magazine dvd or two, just before 2.0 was released, so should be priced low. The z3ta synth installer installs both
synth and effects dll's.
Cheers

kukident-youth wrote:
cj31387 wrote: That looks really cool, what is the latency on it though. To play guitar live i need to be under 15ms .
AFAIK vst-plugs dosnt have a latamcy, only your soundcard have!
In standalone and on my 5 year old imac with the onbord soundcard and set to 32 sample the "overall-latancy (in+out)" is under 3ms, with 128 sample its 7ms and wit 256 sample its under 13ms.
But there are 3,4 buffer-fx wich needs a filled tank before working wet - this ones i dont use live.
Yah true its based on your CPU and stuff but some plugins like some waves ones specifically have a set buffer that end up making live playing impossible because they are like 40-100ms

Return to “Effects”