Rob Chiarelli Signature Pluggins

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

he also sells awesome mics at a great price. http://www.gauge-usa.com/Gauge_Microphones/Home.html Every single one is tested by his partner and/or himself...and yes Aloysius he has made a great name for himself, knows his craft as well as any I know (I dont have all his plugins because I mostly use what's in Samp but I have a personal code to get them free and I have 4 of his mics he gave me)...his grandmother was my grandfather's sister and the story in the family was (was because there are very few of us left) that Rob's father and my grandfather worked together. At lunch my grandfather took him into a local bank and Rob's dad left with more money in his pocket than when he walked into and the deed to the house Rob grew up in...great guy and now that I think about it I think I owe him an email.

TBH I haven't talked to him in a while because I requested a support forum here for his software, I was sure that Ben would want him here but Ben never ever even bothered to respond to me and just left me hanging which still really rubs me the wrong way.

Have a happy holidays guys :)
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Good to see you posting here again Hink. Have a wonderful holiday old pal!
Play it by ear

pheeleep wrote:Good to see you posting here again Hink. Have a wonderful holiday old pal!
You too, it's been what...12...13 years since we met online? I think of you often and I hope you are doing well...I'm not posting here much anymore and really do not see that changing much in the future but I do get PM notifications, I do check in on the diy forum several times a week (I'm one of the mods in that forum)...but beyond that it's easier to find me on FB with many other old KvR members (this is one of the few threads I get notifications from)...ttys again I hope my friend :)
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

i was wondering what happened to you. Glad you are ok Hink.

Not surprised about Ben not answering, unfortunately. :shrug:

Has anyone checked out the EQ?

Hink wrote:
pheeleep wrote:Good to see you posting here again Hink. Have a wonderful holiday old pal!
You too, it's been what...12...13 years since we met online? I think of you often and I hope you are doing well...I'm not posting here much anymore and really do not see that changing much in the future but I do get PM notifications, I do check in on the diy forum several times a week (I'm one of the mods in that forum)...but beyond that it's easier to find me on FB with many other old KvR members (this is one of the few threads I get notifications from)...ttys again I hope my friend :)
There are a lot of folks with your name on FB ;) Can you PM me a link to your FB page so I can add you as a friend? Really nice hearing from you buddy.
Play it by ear

macmuse wrote:Has anyone checked out the EQ?
I also noticed that new EQ on the site, has
anyone tried it?

pheeleep wrote:
Hink wrote:
There are a lot of folks with your name on FB ;) Can you PM me a link to your FB page so I can add you as a friend? Really nice hearing from you buddy.
my facebook link should be right under my avatar..but it's John H Hinckley...we have have a John Hinckley group lol...and it's great hearing from you :)

Hink wrote:
pheeleep wrote:
Hink wrote:
my facebook link should be right under my avatar..but it's John H Hinckley...we have have a John Hinckley group lol...and it's great hearing from you :)
Just did a friend request ;)

Philippe
Play it by ear

don1thedon wrote:
I also noticed that new EQ on the site, has
anyone tried it?
Bump for opinions on the EQ. It's under $15 at JRRShop.

Not crazy about the GUI but it's those 2 "Air" high shelf settings that interest me. They are above 10kHz but Im not sure by how much. Can anyone test the Air settings through a spectrum analyzer and tell us which frequencies they're boosting?

EDIT: I decided to take the plunge - I thought what the heck I'll see for myself.

This is actually a very sweet EQ. It's rather gentle but effective (ie: quick method to low cut + low boost) with a dead simple layout. Sounds quite cool being pushed into saturation too but is probably best before your bus compressors if you don't want that to happen. Unfortunately Voxengo Span can't read above 20kHz on the spectrum but I suspect "Air 1" is 20kHZ and "Air 2" must be even higher - adds really crispy sheen to the mix (though not harsh). Air 2 probably annoys the neighbours dog alot. Decent ultrasonic boosters are not that common - ljkb's Luftikus is a good freebie though it can sound really harsh if pushed - so this may well give us a viable budget alternative to the famed Maaq EQ4.
Last edited by MogwaiBoy on Tue May 03, 2016 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

edit
Last edited by Hink on Tue May 03, 2016 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hey Hink you will probably not be aware of this new product either - MicClone http://www.finalmix.biz/Final_Mix_Software/Home.html ... very ambitious intent!

I have this product. It's not something I find myself reaching for or recalling I even possess it for that matter.
It's a really basic EQ that sounds the way it looks...extremely vanilla!

To my ears, it's seems to be a parallel design with a passive EQ sound. There are far better sounding freeware EQ's that leave this in the dust. It's not good for sound shaping and the (Air) bands are very average. The low-cut is limited in it's range. The only reason I can see purchasing this product is to support the developer. Other than that.... I wouldn't waste my time. :ud:

Their support is not great. I put in a ticket about four months ago and never received a reply.
More recently I lost my installers due to a HD crash. They eventually renewed my links (thank you) but again ignored the content of my support requests.
It hasn't put me off them totally or anything but I am a bit more wary of them than I ought to be.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

don1thedon wrote:Hey Hink you will probably not be aware of this new product either - MicClone http://www.finalmix.biz/Final_Mix_Software/Home.html ... very ambitious intent!
actually I did get an email on that either today or yesterday but it's very much appreciated...I have been in touch with Rob but only about personal matters. I dont even know if my coupon code still works :shrug:

Return to “Effects”