Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Freestyle

That's the one

Indeed. Works now like it should.

Thanks.

But: I can only add Nuance and Granite and, although both are registrated, I get the choice to either demo, purchase or activate. Probably because Freestyle also runs in demo mode.

This is of course an early beta, but still...
Windows 7, Cubase 9.5 and some extra plug-ins | Takamine EN-10C and PRS Mira

ErikH wrote:But: I can only add Nuance and Granite and, although both are registrated, I get the choice to either demo, purchase or activate. Probably because Freestyle also runs in demo mode.
To use them properly in Freestyle, you need to be have the latest versions of Nuance (1.6501), Granite (1.5801) and Vice (1.3001) installed. You may need to re-activate them after installation, but only once. This was because of a recent fileformat change in our activation code.
James Walker-Hall
www.newsonicarts.com

OK. That did the trick.

But

1/I can only open some VST (GeForce MPro, Linplug Spektral, PPG Phonem, XFer Cthulhu, the Steinbergs and U-He's) but not Chromaphone, Iris, Falcon etc. If you had a kind of helpdesk I would not have to write all this in public.

2/The desktop shortcut is also the 32bit version whilst I am on a 64bit machine.

We have a support email (support@newsonicarts.com), listed on our Info page. In general, to anyone who has issues to report with particular VSTs, please send us a report to that email.

Regarding (2) many users still tend to use the 32bit version even on 64bit machine, because more plugins are available as 32bit rather than 64bit. There is a 64bit version also of course, you will find it in the Start menu, and you are free to place a shortcut on your desktop yourself.
James Walker-Hall
www.newsonicarts.com

ErikH wrote:OpenGL is probably a huge benefit: I know from my 3D rendering software it calculates much faster than a CPU, provided the machine has a beafy vid card.
I wished OpenGL would not only be used for graphics acceleration but also for audio processing for plugins (GPGPU).
The more I hang around at KVR the less music I make.

OK. Mail already sent.
Thanks.

That's the problem with extreme minimalism like the NSA site's interface: it sometimes looks more like a riddle that must be solved than a clear overview of what's available. The envelope icon at the bottom right-hand corner normally indicates the e-mail contact. In your case, it leads to a subscribe to newsletter page.
But no problem now I know how support can be reached.

Actually fair enough, the envelope icon would be an intuitive place to lead to our contact details. Will get that taken care of.

Other than that, extreme minimalism all the way... :hihi:
James Walker-Hall
www.newsonicarts.com

This is looking nice. Just downloaded and hope that this works for me (workflow wise).

Any chance of AAX version too?

Beautiful! I loved it from the first moment. Any chance of getting a way to store presets/chains with tags a la Kore?

/C
CLUB VICE for ARTURIA PIGMENTS
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

Hi,
is there is any plan to this:
optionally "store parameters only" for the Snapshots?

i mean,
exclude open-close & positioning of the plugin guis and store only tweaked parameters.
probably this is different than the current Live Usage aiming
but IMHO.
it would useful to have semi - Metasurface functionality in our daw's comfort...
maybe "XY" pad to morph snapshots smoothly in the later updates :roll:

Warm Regards,
Yıldırım.

Other than that, extreme minimalism all the way...

That's what I like about the interfaces.

Timfonie wrote: I wished OpenGL would not only be used for graphics acceleration but also for audio processing for plugins (GPGPU).
Yes, this idea got a lot of people in the industry excited a few years ago. But on investigation, it seems that the problem is it would add significant latency, way too large for real-time audio (where you want <10ms latency), as the transfer between CPU and GPU is far from synchronous. I think this is why it has never really been done yet... maybe some one else will prove me wrong, but it is certainly not on our radar to try further.
James Walker-Hall
www.newsonicarts.com

DrGonzo wrote:Beautiful! I loved it from the first moment. Any chance of getting a way to store presets/chains with tags a la Kore?

/C

Regarding a better / tag-based browser - probably yes, one day, but the first updates (after sorting out the remaining bugs / VST compatibility issues) will mainly focus on more flexible routing. After that there is like a million things we could do :shock: so after the structure-view and routing is added, user feedback will be really important in prioritizing the developments from there on. So make yourself heard, hehe
James Walker-Hall
www.newsonicarts.com

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”