Sugar-Bytes Cyclop, the most Disapointing Purchase. Should have tried the Demo

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hehe, I think Cyclop is quite fun to use but yeah, to be honest I don't use it at all :)

I wasn't fond of the presets when I bought it. Fortunately I checked youtube for tutorials and there were a couple then. There's a bit more now that can show you in detail how to use this synth. You can't judge this synth on the presets. I think it's a good synth for you to use if you program your own patches. It's even layed out rather logically. If you've already bought it why not give it a try?

Here are some good tutorials that explain, rather than just throw something together without any explanations:

DJ Vespers (much shorter tutorial)
youtube.com/watch?v=sdVemQJI3sc

Music Marketing TV - rather complete
youtube.com/watch?v=ezYAYcZQen4
youtube.com/watch?v=iib7ZFWQsmQ
youtube.com/watch?v=0kEArV2Xzz4
youtube.com/watch?v=YG5EoaBfZZc

There is also a IOS clone, straight port as far as I can tell, that was down to €15 in Xmas sale. Works best with tiny fingers or iPad Pro though (I have neither!) :-)

But you get the sound, the FM parts are interesting and the unison stack sounds good.

Just used it in my latest track:
https://www.indabamusic.com/opportuniti ... f8eb7f21ff

...much audio distress. :love:

You know, I'm reading a lot of these comments and it's just sad. Cyclop, if you really dive into it, is a very complex synth. In fact, it might be one of the most complex sound generation synths out there. You have control over so many things in such a nice, tight interface.

I know I'll be using it quite a lot and not just for wub, wub, wub.

Absolutely terrible synth, very very weak at what it is designed specifically for, creating a good heavy usable Neuro on this thing is much more work and so much thinner than Massive/Serum/Harmor (note, out of those three i only kept Massive, the other two where overkill for that style and no better than Massive)
Duh

bungle wrote:Absolutely terrible synth, very very weak at what it is designed specifically for, creating a good heavy usable Neuro
It's not made for neuro. It's made for wobble :borg:

Lejurai wrote:
bungle wrote:Absolutely terrible synth, very very weak at what it is designed specifically for, creating a good heavy usable Neuro
Which the Factory presets Don't have any usable ones
If your plugin is a Synth-edit/synth-maker creation, Say So.
If not Make a Mac version of your Plugins Please.

https://soundcloud.com/realmarco

...everyone is out to get me!!!!!!!

realmarco wrote:
Lejurai wrote:
Which the Factory presets Don't have any usable ones
You just have to make your own. How horrible :lol:

Lejurai wrote:You just have to make your own.
Exactly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLsYlXUl1Jo
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

Just gave Cyclop a spin again. End result? 10 track starters for DnB :D This synth is just so made to bass genre that.. Yum.

Return to “Instruments”