Moog Model 15

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hmmmm...this is very interesting! Sounds fantastic from the one demo.

http://www.moogmusic.com/products/apps/model-15-app

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/model-1 ... mpt=uo%3D4

Holy crap

Yes, sounds good, but that touchscreen opertaion looks REALLY cumbersome.

Btw, if anyone bought this, i'd be very interested in hearing a filter sweep with different resonance settings. Wondering how well they caught that in the software. And if they caught that well, shame on them for not making VST-/AU-plugins out of those. :P

I bought it but I'm not in a position to do recording right now. A filter sweep sounds Moog-ish enough, but unlike with my Mother-32 the bass doesn't drop out when I up the resonance. Really I'm not so much interested in making music with it specifically, but as a fun exercise book for my hardware.

The IAPs are preset packs from the usual suspects -- Suzanne Cianni, Richard Devine, Sonic Mayhem.

Pushing iOS to the limits with a Moog Classic emu....wonderful and impressive stuff....I want to travel back to 1960, take my iPhone out of my pocket, hand it to Bob Moog and see what he thinks of the future. :hihi:

Anyone got a DeLorean I can borrow.
01001001 01110100 00100111 01110011 00100000 01100011 01100001 01101100 01101100 01100101 01100100 00100000 00100010 01000100 01100001 01101001 01110011 01111001 00101110 00100010

I love using touch screen too but yeah... would love that as VST/AU as well.
Great that they ad 3D touch support too. Sounds better than lots of huge plug-ins and i have it on a freaking phone...
A windows 10 version for touch screens would be nice.
Maybe i need to buy an iPad Pro soon.
But best thing is playing it via a Seaboard Rise or another multi channel controller and record it into my DAW of choice (iOS intern or i just have to plug in the lightning to usb cable into my macbook and use it like an extern hardware synth).
This thing came from nowhere...WTF...
I wish Apple would make a finally a freaking touch mac (or extend the crippled iPad "Pro").

dumbledog wrote: Suzanne Cianni
Awesome

Competition is good, time for Arturia to wake up. It's just about time to upgrade their Modular V to current standard. I always love the concept, just need a better audio quality, better interface and fully interchangeable module, also several new modules. Otherwise I'm waiting for the VST version of Model 15 or maybe their rack version for Softube Modular.
Kaossilatron - Voicillator
Station: Ableton Live 10 Suite, Obscurium, Push 2, Ultranova, MS-20m, Wavedrums

crystalmsc wrote:Competition is good, time for Arturia to wake up. It's just about time to upgrade their Modular V to current standard. I always love the concept, just need a better audio quality, better interface and fully interchangeable module, also several new modules. Otherwise I'm waiting for the VST version of Model 15 or maybe their rack version for Softube Modular.
I don't think there will be a VST version (like Animoog). It's made exclusive for iOS devices. A bit sad...still waiting for Apple letting me use my iOS apps on my mac. I know, that will never happen too... :(

How does compares to Monark?

Sorry I just had to!
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

Looks similar to the Pulsar modular design. Hmm i wonder..
:borg:

Because the Model 15 App utilizes Apple’s Metal technology, only 64-bit devices are supported. Compatible devices include iPhone 5s or newer, iPod touch 6 or newer, iPad Air or newer, and the iPad Pro.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

If I buy this for my iPad, will it be a free download to my iPhone? I know with animoog, I had to buy the iPhone version separately.
Intel Pentium I7-8700 64GB
Sonar, Ableton Live 9, Maschine, Zebra, Diva, Lush-101, DCAM Synth Squad, Synthmaster, Sylenth1, Komplete Ultimate, Steven Slate Drums, Rob Papen synths, Spire, Imposcar 2, Korg Legacy, Diversion, ABL Pro, Z3ta, Poly-Ana

Yes, to buy an app 2 times on the same OS is really silly. Too bad that on iOS there so less demo versions... I don't like to buy further synths "blind" (though this one looks very promising).

It's a universal app so you only have to buy it once to run on iPad and iPhone.

The 64-bit thing means I'll have to pass for now.

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”