T-racks Quad Comp Opinions

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

zeep wrote:
HM wrote:
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:Excellent, thanks for the followup too! All good information, I'm glad this discussion has received some attention and it has been very constructive. I'll do my best to keep it on the radar here.
So now, about 1 year and 7 mounts has passed how is the status on the quad ones ,.. did they update and improve things ???
My question about the quad's is not intended on Peter only, but anyone who has a point to add
Sadly the Quad Series has not been updated. I wish they had.

I haven't used the Quad Series much, and it's not because i lacked effort. I tried to put them to use plenty of times.
Thanks Zeep for the reply, truely dissapointing, but good to have your feed-back !
HM

I've used them to good effect to level out some old cassette recordings of my band. I don't know what the expected behavior should be but for this task I am finding them useful.
Surfing, skateboarding, Music Making Man and tech fool.
New Album! KnowledgeBass

surferman wrote:I've used them to good effect to level out some old cassette recordings of my band. I don't know what the expected behavior should be but for this task I am finding them useful.
I was going to say that in my experience, you're really going to use quad compression in specific areas that you need them. I can't for the life of me remember the project but I remember when I bought Quad it was at a time I was working on a project where I specifically needed a multiband compression. I'm thinking it was something where I couldn't separate the different tracks I wanted to compress.

I'm sure it has some use in the mixing/mastering context too but I haven't gotten that far with it. I can see myself using it for that too though.

I upgraded to Grand when it was newish thinking that it was the 'total' bundle and thus new plugins would be added over time. :dog: Of course, I know now, this isn't the case and no new plugins have ever been added to it.

I can't recall a single time I've used any of the quad processors.. perhaps the multiband type of plugins are over my head.. as they always do more harm to my mixes than help. So there they sit, collecting virtual dust, in my VST list.

Not all is lost though.. I needed a de-esser and there is one in the collection.

old thread revived, but just want to chime in about the shit crossovers. This is not about being linear phase, it is about them changing the mix drastically with *nothing going on*.
It is a shame i still have to turn to other plugins for multiband duties, as if these has decent crossovers i could use t racks for pretty much *everything*.

Ok let me give you an example.

Have a mix.

Put a quad comp on with 4 bands enabled, not doing ANY compression.

hear your ENTIRE mix change drastically.

That's it.

How can that be of use for mastering in ANY way? you know me Peter and i think we are at the point where we can talk frankly and respect each other's honesty.

let me give you an example of NON linear phase, PERFECT crossovers.

This RE has FIVE bands, yep, and is a zero latency product.

There is absolutely ZERO alteration of the sound with all 5 bands enabled,the signal is being split into five with pure perfection. It nulls with the same audio file without the effect., perfect, -infinity db nulling. That's how good these crossovers are.

They would be infinitely preferable to the current T racks ones.

if Rob Currie can do it (the creator of this product), so can IK.

Fair enough?

PS ozone has linear phase, but they are also flawless.

One does not HAVE to have 48db in every situation Peter.

Another example is the 4Dyne multi band EQ RE.

They also do a flawless crossover, zero signal change, you can drag the frequency bands around like crazy and NOTHING changes. It's amazing. Also zero latency unless the look ahead is enabled. Yes, the perfect crossovers are 24db, but 24db in mastering is still VERY useful, and a mode like this should be added to Tracks.

I am sure everyone would agree, who could it hurt?

Sorry for bringing this zombie thread back to life, but I heard something strange using quad comp in my master and I must said that TheoM is right. Where can I find more info to solve this issue?

citidela wrote:Where can I find more info to solve this issue?
Here: https://www.izotope.com/en/products/mix ... ing/ozone/

Will IKM go back to the Quad series? It would be really grand if they do. I know there was interest in going back to the plugins with some suggestions made in this thread. Peter, will you please see if you can make this happen still?

As a loyal customer and owner of just about every IKM plugin I really hope so. No stress. Did i mention i am a loyal customer?

Unfortunately, IKM doesn´t give a damn about their loyal customers.

If you are experiencing an issue with an IK product, please report it to the team at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/ and they will assess the issue and if it is verified as a global issue the support team will get the developers in mind. Of course we sure do give a hoot about our customers and the team will happily assist you.

I gladly confirm that IK support is good.

Return to “Effects”