-*-

Official support for: u-he.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Quick update: changing the skin back to default and then back to Spaced Out somewhat fixed the issue.

The switches are still there, but now they're in dark red text, which makes them very hard to see. Which is good, I suppose, as I don't want to see them :)
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

Thank you for your comment, it makes me happy that people love my work :-)

Unfortunately though, I'm downsizing my VST collection and thus I recently sold my MFM license. I could still work on the theme if I installed the demo, but I don't feel inclined to do so. This theme was a LOT of work - between the mock-up, figuring out the U-he theme language without documentation, fighting with DAW specific bugs in the theme editor, and tweaking the final results to taste, I spent almost 200 hours on this. (Basically I couldn't use the wysiwyg editor in my DAW, and thus had to write all the code by hand...) That led to a burnout of sorts. If this were a paid job, I'd be happy to keep updating my theme of course. But as a hobby project this is no longer something that I have the time for.

I'm now debating whether I should edit my original post to reflect that change. Perhaps the KVR community can step in and extend a loving hand to this orphan project? :love:

The dark red switch texts aren't that much of a problem really, you can barely see them.
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

How did I miss this... great skin!

But does anyone know how to define a default value for the scale? I assume it can be set in the mfm2default.txt file?
music // twolegs // geometriae
sounddesign // twolegstoneworks

twolegstoneworks wrote:How did I miss this... great skin!

But does anyone know how to define a default value for the scale? I assume it can be set in the mfm2default.txt file?
Just bought MFM myself and did some tinkering

Go to - \u-he\MFM2.data\Support\ (wherever the data folder is stored, might be slightly different) and find: com.u-he.MFM2.Preferences.txt

and change the number on the below bolded line to something other than 100%:
V_PROPERTY name='Author' id='0' value='mcbpete'
V_PROPERTY name='Preference' id='0' value='AllViews:DefaultSkin:SpacedOut1.03'
V_PROPERTY name='Preference' id='0' value='AllViews:Text Antialiasing:YES'
V_PROPERTY name='Preference' id='0' value='AllViews:KeyControl:NO'
V_PROPERTY name='Preference' id='0' value='AllViews:DefaultUISize:100%'
V_PROPERTY name='Preference' id='0' value='All:MouseWheel Raster:YES'
V_PROPERTY name='Preference' id='0' value='AllViews:Graphics Gamma:neutral'
V_PROPERTY name='Preference' id='0' value='AudioPrefs:SmoothMidiCtrls:LIGHT'
V_PROPERTY name='Preference' id='0' value='AudioPrefs:BaseLatencyBuffer16:YES'
Last edited by mcbpete on Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Awesome work, thanks a lot. Suddenly I understand what the heck that goes on in this plugin. :D

This is awesome!!! Thank you. 8)
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

Posting to keep updated :) Thanks Electus only saw this by accident in the repro thread.

This looks great!

the link seems to be dead. can someone upload this again pleaaaseeeee

kharkhas wrote:the link seems to be dead. can someone upload this again pleaaaseeeee
link still good on page 4 of this thread... but HERE is the repost for convenience ;]

Guys, thanks for the continued feedback for this skin. It feels good to have created something for a community as nice as this one.

I updated the OP with working links for both my original version and Evildragon's version. Enjoy!

Thanks for you skins, these are great. I had a small problem with Evildragons GUI. When I opened the Keyboard tap, the word "KEYBOARD" was partly cut off.

I did an easy fix by editing line 4052 of mfm2.txt and renamed "KEYBOARD" to "KEYS".

PROPERTY control='KeyboardLabel' name='labeltext' id='0' value='KEYS'

Maybe it's useful to someone out there.

Thank you to Eclectus and EvilDragon for the great Skin :tu:

Thank you also Dip200 for the fix 8)

Can't believe I never saw this before! Looks like a great skin and will have to give it a try if it's still available.

The keyboard is a great idea. What I do now is loop a section while tweaking.

I do love the original skin though. Similar to my first U-he synth, Zebra CM. It was the first synth I could immediately make music with.

U-he does interfaces really well. I find that I need some time to learn each interface but when I do the workflow is excellent. For anyone that struggles with MFM2, The Dan Worrall tutorial is the way to go:

https://youtu.be/qnDU6i0aFX8

Return to “u-he”