Lethal vst?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Lethal

Mystic wrote:Yup, they confirmed it was an error and will be fixed within 24 hours so buy it now if you're considering it. I'll update tomorrow at some point with thoughts.
I decided to take a leap of faith at the $149 price. I don't have any romplers, so I think could be handy for filling in with some bread and butter EDM sounds without taxing my CPU. The promise of a free sample pack every month for a year will be a nice bonus. Sale went through fine, will report findings later.

Since there is no demonstration, I bought.
I counted a preset.
Preset was 1228.

Bass 251 presets
Bass stab 159
Guitar 28
Lead 88
live instrument 54
pad 62
drum 37
piano & key 60
plucks 161
Strings 58
synth 194
Vox 62
wave 14

Where is the 3000 musical instruments and presets?
3000 presets was looking forward to.
That's too bad.

Interesting. Maybe they are counting in the different kicks that are mapped in certain patches?

comset wrote:Where is the 3000 musical instruments and presets?
3000 presets was looking forward to.
That's too bad.
Can you read your own post? You wrote "instruments" and presets. So don't forget the term "instruments". Reading isn't your thing, right? Otherwise you would have read my post a few pages ago:
tedannemann wrote:I tried to count em, but after 1000 presets I lost interest in counting. ..
However I think the advertised 3000 presets contain the single drum shots in-between a drum preset as well. So it seems to be legit to say it features a library of over 3000 instruments(!) and presets.
I don't like to count every single drum sample (aka instrument) but as far as I've seen it there are 37 percussion & drum presets. Every preset contains around four octaves full (maybe more) of different samples (aka instruments) - this makes round about 1776 instruments + your 1228 presets makes over 3000.

What is wrong with you guys? Why are you constantly searching for the bad?

I didn't know this company before the KVR newsletter nor I am affiliated in any way. But I am old enough to give a new company with a new product and its first release a bit of a break!

What is wrong with you guys? Why are you constantly searching for the bad?
The internet has turned us all into sceptics because of how dodgy things can be.

When I first saw this, new company, product I've never heard of; I too was sceptical but decided to give it a go anyway.

The sounds themselves... so far I like them. It will be a good tool for supplementing sounds I need for EDM projects I'm on a deadline for. I'm very interested to know how many presets each expansion will have and how they will compare to Nexus.

So I’ve had Lethal for a day now and had chance for a quick evaluation. I can say that I echo tedannemann's comments.

What you've got here is a well-laid out rompler, which is totally focused on current EDM sounds, but does not attempt to dress anything up with effects/layers/sequences like Nexus. The sounds are all pretty good, although there are plenty of variations of the same type. Just don’t expect multi-sampled vintage synths. Lethal feels like an EDM toolbox, where you can quickly find a sound which will be a good fit in the mix, before you tweak, add FX, arp/gate, etc. I was surprised how well included acoustic sounds such as piano/guitar work in an EDM context. Certainly someone knows what they’re doing. CPU-wise it barely registers on my DAW meter. So this will really help compliment my hungry VA synths.

There are not 3K presets, as the count includes drum kit variations. i.e. A Kick preset will contain a different kick on each key. That said, if the dev keeps up the promise of at least a new sound bank every month for the next year, then that will more than make up for it.

On the downside, I think some of the effects could be better. I like the GUI, but it could be improved (Nexus looked much better when ReFX dropped the angled perspective knobs). Will be interesting to see if the dev has plans to develop Lethal further with new features.

I wouldn’t have taken a leap of faith at $199 without reviews/demo, but $149 (mistake or not) twisted my arm.

I agree with the above. I'd like to see more of what Nexus does added to this over time. What they have here is a good start, I'm just hoping they don't 'call it a day' with development on the actual base plugin and only work solely on sound banks.

Booooring.
dedication to flying

tedannemann wrote:What is wrong with you guys? Why are you constantly searching for the bad?
-Because there is no proper demo
-Based on the presentation, as there is no demo, of the contenders I can think of it ends up in the lower part of that list
-The price point is set high
-Users can not import their own samples, or create their own sounds from scratch
-Being focussed on one genre, these sounds will be dated/overused give a year or two
-Can only be authorized on two machines, and that has to be online (not sure it even can be resold? )

So why don't dev point this out on the site, so there is no misunderstanding about it. What you are saying is that 2/3 of the instruments are not multisampled, and that should be pointed out to potential customers:
tedannemann wrote:I don't like to count every single drum sample (aka instrument) but as far as I've seen it there are 37 percussion & drum presets. Every preset contains around four octaves full (maybe more) of different samples (aka instruments) - this makes round about 1776 instruments + your 1228 presets makes over 3000.

tedannemann wrote:@Numanoid
You are the best of em all! I don’t know where you went to school but let me do the math for you:
You are trolling this post recommending VSTBuzz’s Shortnoise (not very gentleman like to cut off a new company like this).
Trolling because I suggest another product :lol: I guess Ralph Nader is trolling customers to get more bang for their bucks

How do you know they are a new company, the domain they are selling from was created in 2009 :?
Not only is VSTBuzz using the same (in my eyes very attractive) 3D renderings like any other company as well but also provided „no demo“! Only 300 instruments (aka presets) for USD $199! And somehow you forget to mention that this thing is only working with the full version of Kontakt.
Which is exactly why I clearty stated that anybody with Kontakt can get Shortnoise, not anybody with Kontakt Player :wink:

No demo, you mean downloading the whole product for free isn't good enough as a demo? Even Kontakt Player users can use it for 15 minutes at a time to check it out.

You need to learn to read posts, like you advice other users
This makes: USD $598 for using Shortnoise!
I know it’s for free now - but it wasn’t! However, I still need the full version of Kontakt -
No it doesn't, who does the math for you? :lol: That it costed $199 in the past what has that got to do with it, now that it is free
tedannemann wrote:This is why a demo is crucial. That’s the only point I agree with.
As it seems clear that you are affiliated with the company, it is good if you can advice them to do just that then, instead of spinning the included 1250+ instruments/presets as they were 3000 :borg:

Um, is this for real? :neutral:

tedannemann wrote:
AnX wrote:Can you load your own samples into it?
No, I don't think so. It wouldn't make sense as there are no oscillator/sample/mapping/layering section.
It's a rompler all the way. Compare it to Nexus. No sample loading either.
Why is it OK to compare it with Nexus, while if comparing it to ShortNoise a big rant follows

Just hitching a free ride on the reFX gold train maybe?

As amusing as watching the two of you bicker is, it's getting old. Yes, I believe tedannemann works for Lethal or is friends with the developer by the way he responds to this thread. I don't care. What I care about is the product itself.

3000 presets? It's a dodgy way of promoting it but it's not incorrect to a point. The one saving grace is that the future packs are free for a year and some months. Provided they don't half-ass them or pull a "here's 25 new sounds!", it won't be a bad thing.

So the first review so far after going through a bunch of presets and throwing some stuff together using it.

Pros:
* Interface is clean, easy to understand.

* The kicks are very well done for the most part. Good processing with them. In fact, most of the percussion stuff seemed.

Cons:
* Much of the core library sounds like generic dry synth presets I can get on any of my synth VSTs instead of the "finished product" sound I was hoping to get with Lethal so I didn't have to waste time with programming effects/filters/etc when I have 40 other synths better suited for sound design. I feel like a lot of these patches I load up they spent all of about 5 minutes making.

* The engine needs work. Any time I change values on anything, I get static and crackling. Can be fixed with a patch but should have been fixed immediately and before launch. I'm not sure how it got out the door with such a bug.

* Two activations per license. That's fine... but no word on whether or not I can deactivate a license on a computer for formats (many times this is forgotten anyway because who remembers to deactivate a license for a VST?) or in the case of a crash... then what? Buy more licenses? That's bad business practice and should be something they make known on their stance with this matter.

Final Thoughts:
I don't know what the future holds for this company. They have sat on development of this thing for a while by the looks of it. If it doesn't sell well or if they can't get their crap together, they are doomed. Plain and simple. They have had one of the worst launches I've ever seen of a new product. Next to no online presence which is very disheartening to people who have bought this as they have never once posted to twitter and their facebook page is a ghost town. It looks like the only presence they've had was on here with their ad and a couple early posts on Facebook. Other than that, it's all crickets when they should have spent time promoting and pushing it.

This tells me one of two things: either the people running this are coders and know nothing about business or they simply don't care about their product. They are supposed to release the first two expansions within two weeks of release so we'll see what happens. Either way, they need to get active online and build their presence. If they don't have the time because they are trying to get updates or new packs for it finished, then they need to hire someone who can do it for them because they could have 50 packs and it won't matter because no one will know who they are to buy it.

Word of mouth only works so much and only if people are overly impressed with the product.

Mystic wrote:As amusing as watching the two of you bicker is, it's getting old. Yes, I believe tedannemann works for Lethal or is friends with the developer by the way he responds to this thread.
Just to clarify this from my side. I didn't know the company or the product before the KVR newsletter nor I am in any way affiliated with it.
I am just a curious guy who took the bate and bought the plugin (I just thought it was a pity that some guys in here pissed themselves because there is no demo and obviously no money to buy such a product).
My intention was to look what's it all about.
But I don't think some sort of review was appreciated (although I think some of my statements and screenshots helped to decide if this product is for you or not).

I usually don't do that kind of stuff as the mighty internet philosophers turn every discussion into something bad (most requested feature: to take different viewpoints).

I don't know if you guys realize that my intention was really to "help" lifting the veil of the mystery of this new product. Now you are telling lies about me? Not cool guys, not cool... :?

Anyway for all the non-frustrated and non-mistreated guys in here. Thanks for the appreciation for my review. :tu:

Its very interesting that people would throw $149 at something before being able to try it first...

I think I'm in the wrong business!

Return to “Instruments”