[Cubase 6.5] When i freeze instrument track, Cubase crashes

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello there,

I work on Cubase 6.5 and i have fatality problem on my new project for upcoming track.

I have a project includes 80 channels (audio and instrument channel) .

When i want to freeze any instrument channel , Cubase crashes and
it says " "Cubase has stopped working" then it shuts down itself.

I really did everything,
Even i copied and pasted all channels (fx,midi,audio whatever else) to new empty project
but it still crashes .

But when i copy only one instrument channel as solo to empty project , Cubase does not crash when i freeze .

I realy don't what to do . I need fresh many instrument channel because CPU started to screa..

Any advices?

Thanks

The last thing to try, if you are comfortable with the midi on track, is to bounce each track individually and free up CPU by deleting the original. I'm not sure about 6.5 since I have the newest version, if you have time to wait for a reply, maybe contacting Steinberg will help.

You could try to isolate the plugin which causes the crash, if that is the case. But i would think it's pretty likely that a specific plugin causes them. Try to add and freeze the plugins used in your project one by one in a new project, and see if you can find out if there's one which tends to crash Cubase when freezing, or even when not doing so. If you haven't done all that already of course.

spacekid wrote:The last thing to try, if you are comfortable with the midi on track, is to bounce each track individually and free up CPU by deleting the original.
How to do it ? I just can't figure out about solution way
spacekid wrote:. I'm not sure about 6.5 since I have the newest version, if you have time to wait for a reply, maybe contacting Steinberg will help.
I wrote about problem on forum, no answer
and i sent email to info at steinberg dat de .
but they didn't answer to me .

chk071 wrote:You could try to isolate the plugin which causes the crash, if that is the case. But i would think it's pretty likely that a specific plugin causes them. Try to add and freeze the plugins used in your project one by one in a new project, and see if you can find out if there's one which tends to crash Cubase when freezing, or even when not doing so. If you haven't done all that already of course.
I really can't find .

When i try to find , it causes because of X vst
i delete it then i check other VST , then it causes problem.

DreamTrance wrote: I wrote about problem on forum, no answer
and i sent email to info at steinberg dat de .
but they didn't answer to me .
Just wait 5-7 weeks

99% of the time its a plugin that causes 6.5 to crash.

Recently I found most of the Image Line x64 plugins cause major instability in Cubase 6.5 , since I stopped using them , its a lot more stable.

In the instrument you want to freeze, unload a plugin, freeze track , and if you get a crash, restart and unload another until it freezes with no crash. I know its a pain in the arse, but its the only way to isolate the issue.

Once you find it, contact its dev, or check for an update, and then try it again.

Open question here, is the latest Cubase 8 >? I think, more stable like this ?
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”