Soft elicenser activation and windows 10 update

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I am going to get a plug in that uses elicenser but I am also planning on updating to windows 10 soon. SO I was wondering If I should update to win 10 first or if I will be safe updating later to Win10, does the update to win 10 messes up with elicenser software activation? Or I will need the physical dongle to store the license and keeping it safe before updating?

Anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks a lot.
dedication to flying

I've had issues with installed plugins that use ILOK/PACE after upgrading to windows 10. I would do the upgrade first. It's pretty inconvenient, horrible copy protection and I wish it would go away. U[grade first though and I don't think you'll have any issues.

As i wrote in the other thread, eLicenser protection is no problem after upgrading... it works just as it has worked before. Maybe do the maintainance thing in the eLicenser control center after upgrading to make totally sure everything is fine, but it should do even without really.

If you have any problem it can be cured by simply going to Windows services and starting the e licenser.

Thanks guy, I think I am going to upgrade win first.
dedication to flying

I had problems with the eLicenser not starting when I booted my Pc, but changing it to Automatic/delayed start in services solved the problem.

There are several upgrade paths to W 10. If you are using a manufacturer
preloaded OS, you should backup before hand and then upgrade to get W 10
activated to hat system. Then you should do a fresh install of W 10. If you did a
copy or ghost of your old OS you can then transfer your data after installing your
apps. If you have your own OS disc (W 7 SP1, 8, 8.1) you could do a fresh
install, after backing up, and go strait to upgrade and be done with it.
I had a preinstall of W 7 home so I would of had to upgrade and then install, but
if you want W 10, you want the pro version, so I bought a W 7 SP1 pro disc and
went strait to the upgrade after install. Alot of people have problems with W 10
when upgrading over an older install.
A minor scale is a major scale starting 3 half steps down from the major and visa versa. Any Chord has as many versions as it has notes.

Not a single problem here after upgrading 3 computers... upgrade is really solid.

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”