converting voice or samples into melody

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

did i imagine this, or is there a way to convert a voice singing or samples into a synthesized melody?

instead of painstakingly trying to key it in by ear.

You mean like a pitch-to-midi conversion so you can then play the melody on any synth?

Lots of options there, Ableton Live has it built in, plugs like Melodyne can do it... I haven't played with this for years so will let someone else recommend a current worthwhil app/plug.

Else you may mean vocoding so the original source has a synthesised 'quality' imposed on it? If so then google vocoders.. :)

i want to end up with MIDI data yes, not vocoded sound.

as well as live voice recording into a mic, can you also turn samples into MIDI data?

Vocoder!

a vocoder could turn sound or samples into MIDI data?

Get a demo of Melodyne and try out your idea; most people dont sing on pitch so you will need software to identify your key / scale and fit your melody to it, which Melodyne does best. At the other end of price/ quality are ios apps that you sing into and they produce scores or midi notation- not sure which is best now. Logic & Ableton also have that "audio to midi" feature. Bjork uses that method to compose, btw.
d o n 't
w a n t
m o r e

rubez wrote:did i imagine this, or is there a way to convert a voice singing or samples into a synthesized melody?

instead of painstakingly trying to key it in by ear.
Cubase can do it. Works best with a straight performance - ie, minimal slurs, and accurate pitch. Human voice tends to be all over the place.

thanks all.

looks like this will do the job exactly, and free (for FL users)

https://ask.audio/articles/how-to-conve ... -fl-studio

Return to “Effects”