Melodyne support

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Can you guys add melodyne integration through ARA support? - So those of us that own Melodyne can run it within bitwig. Sonar and Studio One already have this feature and some of the other big Daws already have this in the works. Melodyne is a great tool for us remixers and bitwig should not be without it.
Here is a video showing how the integration currently works in Studio One:

https://youtu.be/CyLc0RflMUI

Thanks

it has been stated that they are interested to do ara support. but i dont think its current atm because of other more important missing basic functions and the planing release of v2.0

But melodyne does run within bitwig but you wont have the advantages of ara support.

I've been using Melodyne just as a VST, and haven't really had any issues. ARA support would save me a minute or 2 since I wouldn't have to record from Melodyne first, but it's not critical.

Cyclomatic wrote:I've been using Melodyne just as a VST, and haven't really had any issues. ARA support would save me a minute or 2 since I wouldn't have to record from Melodyne first, but it's not critical.
ara support would be enable to get midi directly from a vocal or instrument directly. Another advantage is you would be able to see and mix all tracks that have been used with melodyne. a third cool function with ara support is that you would be able to sync bpm of a live recording which does not have a consistant tempo. make the project automate same bpm as the live recording :) so its pretty cool but vocal editing work just as fine as in ara support.

I asked this question about 6 months ago and BITWiG responded that it was being considered.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote:I asked this question about 6 months ago and BITWiG responded that it was being considered.
Maybe time to consider requesting it again =) :hug:

Coockie1176ln wrote:
SLiC wrote:I asked this question about 6 months ago and BITWiG responded that it was being considered.
ARA support seems like a no-brainer for me. its 2nd top of my list (after comping) :tu:
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote:
Coockie1176ln wrote:
ARA support seems like a no-brainer for me. its 2nd top of my list (after comping) :tu:
Fades is my first priorety :D But i like your list! except im not much for comping because i dont record often. more into midi, but midi can have great usage of that as well (Y)

Ara would be stunning :tu:

+1 for ARA integration. Love the overall concept and the integration (including MIDI drag & drop after one shortcut) in Studio One.
But as far as I understand it ARA needs VST3 (cp. Sonar, Studio One). So VST3 should be supported first.

It would be great to have, but I personally would be bummed if it was fully integrated and the one chunk of Bitwig that didn't support Linux. What can I say? I'm a little bit biased. :wink:
...If you have to fix it with a computer: quantized, pitch corrected, and overly inspected, then you can't do it, and I can't get behind that!
-Henry Rollins; I Can't Get Behind That-from William Shatner's, "Has Been"

+1 for ARA integration
Best regards
Morten Lind Jakobsen
https://soundcloud.com/mljakobsen

It would be nice, as I have Melodyne, but IMHO there's a lot of other stuff such as bugs and basic features that are considerably more important.

In my experience, Melodyne has issues in Bitwig. Often Melodyne will play audio recorded inside it at the wrong times!
http://www.youtube.com/reflekshun
Music Producer / Audio Engineer

jonljacobi wrote:It would be nice, as I have Melodyne, but IMHO there's a lot of other stuff such as bugs and basic features that are considerably more important.

+! yup. :tu:

Return to “Bitwig”