UVI Falcon - hybrid instrument - version 3.01 released - rumors, ads, praise, mud wrestling and off-topic inside!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

mcbpete wrote:UVI uses Port 8080 for their downloads which can (and did for me) cause a problem for some firewalls and/or routers. If you know how to forward port 8080 to port 80 on your router do that, but failing that a quick solution is to lose the :8080 bit of the URL

Eg.
http://files.uvi.net:8080/UVIWS/4-2.6.5-1_uviworkstation-2.6.5.exe
becomes
That worked for me, thanks!

Echoes in the Attic wrote:
otristan wrote:
Echoes in the Attic wrote: And FYI, the 1.1.2 windows downloader gives an invalid url error on the download page.
You mean the link to download the installer ?
Just tried and it works fine here.
Yes. Tried with multiple browsers and get this:
Might be indeed a firewall thing.
Do you have installed/enabled something like that recently ?

I have forwarded your post to our sys admin though.
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team
http://www.uvi.net

I was wondering if there's a way to randomly trigger sliced samples with a single pad. I sliced a sample up in the Slice oscillator and then stacked the slices up in the mapping editor on C1, then I adjusted the velocity zones to trigger the samples at different velocity values. That works fine. But I was wondering if there's a way to somehow modulate the velocity with a random LFO so when I hit the pad, the samples trigger randomly instead of just being velocity sensitive. I noticed the velocity controls in the envelopes won't accept a modulation source. Any other way to randomly trigger sliced samples with a single pad?

Sound Author wrote:I was wondering if there's a way to randomly trigger sliced samples with a single pad. I sliced a sample up in the Slice oscillator and then stacked the slices up in the mapping editor on C1, then I adjusted the velocity zones to trigger the samples at different velocity values. That works fine. But I was wondering if there's a way to somehow modulate the velocity with a random LFO so when I hit the pad, the samples trigger randomly instead of just being velocity sensitive. I noticed the velocity controls in the envelopes won't accept a modulation source. Any other way to randomly trigger sliced samples with a single pad?
Why don't you use multiple slice oscillators per keygroup and then use the random cycle trigger mode?

Sampleconstruct wrote:
Sound Author wrote:I was wondering if there's a way to randomly trigger sliced samples with a single pad. I sliced a sample up in the Slice oscillator and then stacked the slices up in the mapping editor on C1, then I adjusted the velocity zones to trigger the samples at different velocity values. That works fine. But I was wondering if there's a way to somehow modulate the velocity with a random LFO so when I hit the pad, the samples trigger randomly instead of just being velocity sensitive. I noticed the velocity controls in the envelopes won't accept a modulation source. Any other way to randomly trigger sliced samples with a single pad?
Why don't you use multiple slice oscillators per keygroup and then use the random cycle trigger mode?
Thanks Simon, I'll try that! Didn't know about random cycle trigger mode!

Sound Author wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:
Yeah, round robin chains or random robin chains on oscillator level totally rock, no layer rules to implement and many more advantages.

Sampleconstruct wrote:
Sound Author wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:
Yeah, round robin chains or random robin chains on oscillator level totally rock, no layer rules to implement and many more advantages.
Yes, "random robin" is exactly what I'm trying to do. I knew there was a word for it :D

However, if I'm just going to trigger one hit slices, I might as well just slice up the sample myself and use several Sampler oscillators within the keygroup instead of Slice oscillators. Right?

Sound Author wrote:However, if I'm just going to trigger one hit slices, I might as well just slice up the sample myself and use several Sampler oscillators within the keygroup instead of Slice oscillators. Right?
That's how I would do it, yes.

Cool! It worked! Thanks again :tu:

@otristan

i have an strange problem here with the latest Falcon Update , every UVI library i own which have an drop down menue for preset loading , does not work anymore it ends up with scripting error and no sound anymore . Librarys like Synthox , C-SM , Urban X , UltraMini and so on . as i said only with Libarys which have an drop down menue for preset loading .

i´m on Win 8.1 x64

the script error are:

No matching overload found, candidates:
custom [class boost::intrusive_ptr<class uvi::AsyncCommandManager::Command>] _loadState(char const*,luabind::object,lua_State*)

update: Workstation 2.6.5 Update have the same problem

both new updates for Falcon 1.1.2 and Workstation 2.6.5 are unusabale for me .

needed reinstalling the previous versions again that i can work with those Librays
Last edited by DrumAddict on Wed May 04, 2016 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sound Author wrote:However, if I'm just going to trigger one hit slices, I might as well just slice up the sample myself and use several Sampler oscillators within the keygroup instead of Slice oscillators. Right?
I'd use the same sample multiple times and for each instance I'd set start and end points to match each slice. This way you only work with ONE sample, instead of x samples (x being the number of slices).

@DrumAddict please download it back.
There was a regression which was fixed couple hours after the initial release, so we didn't create a new version.
That should fix your issue.
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team

EvilDragon wrote:
I'd use the same sample multiple times and for each instance I'd set start and end points to match each slice. This way you only work with ONE sample, instead of x samples (x being the number of slices).
This is what "Map" on the slice oscillator do FWIW
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team

otristan wrote:@DrumAddict please download it back.
There was a regression which was fixed couple hours after the initial release, so we didn't create a new version.
That should fix your issue.
ok thanks for the fast response , will redownload and have a look again on those updates

Return to “Instruments”