v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RapidComposer RapidComposer LE

Musical Gym wrote:Just tried in stand-alone and got the double-headed cursor which allowed me to resize.
Thanks again.

Then, must be something up with my system/install... You're on Windows, right..?

Think I'll leave things for now, soak up the manual/wiki and the forum posts on some of the new changes for a bit, and wait for official v3.0 release to try again.

Cheers,
thebutler
Win10; i7 4790K; 16Gb RAM; GTX750Ti; Cubase Pro v13.0.30; WaveLab Pro v11.2.0; S1 v6.5.2; UR44 audio/MIDI

Hi thebutler,

it is true that the arrow pointer does not change at the window edges, but you should still be able to resize the window. (This fix is on the to-do list.) I have not received a complaint from Windows10 users yet about not being able to resize the window.
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

I switched back to 8.1 after less than a day. 10 was too restrictive for me.

I have had problems with resize, I think it needs a corner grab point like other apps, it's a bit hard getting the thin blue line on the corner, side or bottom especially @ hi-res :
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

musicdevelopments wrote:Hi thebutler,

it is true that the arrow pointer does not change at the window edges, but you should still be able to resize the window. (This fix is on the to-do list.) I have not received a complaint from Windows10 users yet about not being able to resize the window.
Attila
Ok... understood; thanks Attila.

Yet, I can't click anywhere on the window edges, to 'grab' and resize the app window - how big is the target range - 1 pixel width..? 5..? 10..?

I am at standard HD resolution (1920x1080) so nothing fancy.. (like @crossovercable and his 'hi-res' (or high dpi) setup... :-) )

Anyhow, this is trivial - I can understand you have more pressing matters; I have uninstalled for now.
thebutler

PS:- BTW, that pic attached by @crossovercable - I mean, I don't see ANYTHING like that kind of width of window border edge here... Literally, I've got what looks like a single pixel line - like this 'Edge' browser of Microsoft's I'm using.
Win10; i7 4790K; 16Gb RAM; GTX750Ti; Cubase Pro v13.0.30; WaveLab Pro v11.2.0; S1 v6.5.2; UR44 audio/MIDI

That must be some stupid "improvement" in Windows10.
The window is created with thick border, suitable for resizing.
I will implement resizing by dragging the window corner in the next few days.
Thanks for reporting this!
Attila

FYI it is now possible to resize the window by dragging the small square at the corner of the window:

This will work even if no border is displayed for the window.
Thank you, thebutler for letting me know about this issue!
Attila

Hey Attila..!

Well now, that looks just the ticket - a problem solved once and for all.! Excellent turnaround on this; I have to admire your tenacity. I really didn't want to cause you any fuss, because I can tell you've so much else more important to work through, as you bring v3.0 to release.

I appreciate your attention. And my regards to the good natured spirit of the community of folk here. :-)

Thank you,
thebutler

Hello users and potential users. I just completed an extensive demo and research process of RapidComposer v3 beta. I wrote and posted a user review. I sincerely hope my words are useful. It's a great app!

http://www.kvraudio.com/product/rapidco ... ts/reviews

great, thanks for doing it

Musical Gym wrote:great, thanks for doing it
Thanks! It's a deep app and took a bit of time, but well worth it!

Any idea on a release date?

Hi Attila

I see rc have a variation velocity controller. i think this is usefull to have for controller and pitchbend too, and with a delay slider. maybe this is easy possible and can add after 3.0 release ?
win 10 64 22H2 intel i5 8600K (6*3.6 GHZ) 32 GB Ram

Hi Attila

I notice Problem with creating new folders in phrase browser in b19 too. when save a phrase with name rock4\seq1 browser is not update and show not new folder. close and reopen phrase browser do not help. only when Rc is quit and restart then the folder rock4 is correct show and contain file rock4\seq1 correct
win 10 64 22H2 intel i5 8600K (6*3.6 GHZ) 32 GB Ram

Now that a 3.0 RC (Release Candidate :) ) is practically here, it could be good to talk about marketing.
When we consider that this version brings important upgrades, not just updates or bug fixes, then asking for a payment comes as a fair proposition.
A few ideas about this; in several circles or communities it is a practice that those close to the developers/organizers/creators are the first who contribute to the cause by paying the entrance fee. There is the caveat that those that have directly worked at the installation/organization are actually paid for their work, whereas those other supporters and of course loyal customers, take on their hands the first monetary retribution to gather.
That said, witnessing what radical upgrades are costing outhere, like the superb Melodyne 4 ($99/$149), or one-new-feature-at-a-time iZotope's RX ($99), it wouldn't come as a surprise if upgrading to v3.0 costs a figure above or close to $49. Being $30 the lowest I could think of that would disturb almost no one.
Obviously the number of actual customers, or potential ones have to be factored in, in order to calculate the expected figures...

///However I could be already extending too much or talking about something that has already been solved or expressed elsewhere. It is just I would like to see made explicit how we as a group are we going to show gratitude and support for what this special developer and close community are doing together.

Return to “MusicDevelopments”