what is the soundcloud discount?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I just got an email from soundcloud about renewing my pro sub with them.. they mention a discount but don't say exactly WHAT is the discount. :lol:

"Your Yearly Pro plan will renew in 14 days and we would like to say thanks by renewing your plan with a discount off the regular pricing."

Any idea of what it will be?

No one else has received this offer?

one last bump for info :c )

VitaminD wrote:I just got an email from soundcloud about renewing my pro sub with them.. they mention a discount but don't say exactly WHAT is the discount. :lol:

"Your Yearly Pro plan will renew in 14 days and we would like to say thanks by renewing your plan with a discount off the regular pricing."

Any idea of what it will be?
Right up until this latest change (back in March, when they started to take on commercially released tunes), it was roughly 10%. So if you let the renewal happen automatically, you'll save about 10%. You should see it in the invoice, if you can find that.

I don't know if their new services and all the stuff they've done in the last two months have affected the pricing in any way, but you can always e-mail them to find out. It'll take a few days (especially over the weekend), but you'll have a better idea if it's worth paying.

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

My last renewal in March was £60 after a discount, although I didn't check the "normal" rate at the time of renewal. I paid the same renewal price a year earlier.

I think their current quoted price is 99 Euros, so if the exchange rates haven't moved (a dodgy assumption), that works out to be a 30% discount.

It's probably best to mail them first.

The discount is 20-40% worse sound.

Thanks guys :c )

I got this email. :neutral:

It doesnt say what the discount is.
The page it directs me to does not show any discount.
Neither of the support email address I have work anymore.
Their Helpdesk requires me to let them 'connect' with my account...?

If found this.
But, there is no field for that on the page that has the 'Purchase' link.
Unfortunately, I dont trust SC enough to click that button with my CC details in those fields.
Their system is tight enough to not allow me to enter fake cc info for the purposes of checking discount/coupons/etc.

At these prices, for this service, wtf.
Last edited by highkoo on Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImage

I keep being offered this Soundcloud Go thing even though I have a Pro account - not sure what it is really - it says I would be able to listen to other people's tracks fully but I can do that already I think.

Yes, there are a few mysteries over there with Soundcloud support.. :hihi:

Its like they want to piss people off.

Last year they fuct up my billing. When I called them on it, they initially said, "Nope, thats correct!". I reiterated, with evidence. They said "Oh! Well, we arent refunding anything, but we will add some time to your subscription."
Cool with me, but again, wtf.
They are not exactly giving it away, and it is not exactly great.
ImageImageImageImage

aMUSEd wrote:I keep being offered this Soundcloud Go thing even though I have a Pro account - not sure what it is really - it says I would be able to listen to other people's tracks fully but I can do that already I think.
I believe it to be a subscription service similar to Spotify. You'll be able to listen to artists not on Soundcloud.

I think the discount is for paying yearly for a Pro account, instead of monthly.
Could be wrong...

There is usually another 10%. I think that is the renewal discount, as opposed to a new account.
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”