Bitwig 1.3.6 and new overbridge 1.10 public beta

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It just works! I've just installed everything, running both rytm, a4, bitwig drummachine and diva at the same time (mac yosemite), and it syncs perfectly!! The elektron vsts report immense latencies, but I could play some live notes on diva while running the a4 and rytm and didn't feel laggy. Awesome stuff

Yup- also an A4 and RTYM owner- lovely update (I use the CV side a lot on my modular, rock solid) I have a template set up using instrument plugs on tracks set to be midi channels. Works great.

Let's hop for the librarian next :-)
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

My buffer is 128, but I keep getting this:

And 120 ms of latency:

Which is only 5ms short of a 16th note at 120bpm.

Which is just nuts.

(ver 1.3.6)
Logic X, El Cap 10.11.3, Mini i7, Live, Reaper, Bitwig (demo)

Clicks at +100 samples: 44.1k / 48k (wav)

Yep I have it working as well very nicely with win 10(a4 and rytm). I do get an error when trying to do the total recall thing where bitwig complains about the plugin states not saving quick enough but when I pull it back up the total recall still works.
Last edited by owensands on Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TeePee wrote:My buffer is 128, but I keep getting this:

And 120 ms of latency:

Which is only 5ms short of a 16th note at 120bpm.

Which is just nuts.

(ver 1.3.6)
yeah I get that as well but once its gone it works pretty good. I did have to set the performance mode in the OB console to get recordings on the grid. It could use a fine tune there though because its still a smidgen early(think it was about 1/2048 note off give or take jitter from the rytm). Its extremely close though. Seems like they need finer control there to get things in perfect time.

And 120 ms of latency:
Same problem here. Your host buffer size is 1024...
Except I get 128 ms latency :(
Logic X isn't better.
owensands wrote: I did have to set the performance mode in the OB console to get recordings on the grid.
What is that?

solitud wrote:

And 120 ms of latency:
Same problem here. Your host buffer size is 1024...
Except I get 128 ms latency :(
Logic X isn't better.
owensands wrote: I did have to set the performance mode in the OB console to get recordings on the grid.
What is that?
performance mode in the over-bridge control panel under settings.

I am blind? Still can not find it.
1.10.0 / OS X Yosemite

Im on PC. Maybe its not there for mac? Id ask elektron about it.

solitud wrote: Logic X isn't better.
Yeah, seems quite buggy at the moment. I'm getting occasional bursts of horrible noise.

I was testing in Bitwig because Bitwig displays the Overbridge plugin latency. It's been pointed out to me that Ableton now also displays plugin latency so I'll probably use that for now.

One question. I've set the track MIDI channels to 12-15 in MIDI Config on the Analog Keys, but when I'm using the Overbridge plugin it seems to revert back to channels 1-4, ignoring the channels I've set on the Keys. Am I missing something?

TeePee wrote:I've set the track MIDI channels to 12-15 in MIDI Config on the Analog Keys, but when I'm using the Overbridge plugin it seems to revert back to channels 1-4, ignoring the channels I've set on the Keys.
From the Overbridge manual:

SEQUENCING VIA THE DIGITAL AUDIO WORKSTATION

Once an Overbridge plugin is loaded in your DAW project, you can send MIDI to the plugin in order to sequence your device. The MIDI channels are the same as the track numbers, so on the Analog Four / Analog Keys, you use MIDI channels 1 through 4 for sequencing the tracks. For the Rytm, channels 1 through 12 are used.
Doesn't mention the channel assignments in MIDI config on the Keys itself, and doesn't mention anything about changing the channels.

So I'm assuming you can't change the channels in Overbridge mode. Maybe you can, but I can't be bothered to spend any more time trying to find the answer.

I have been looking at the Rytm and was wondering if the latest updates have improved Overbridge (since last post was back in Feb)

kultschar wrote:I have been looking at the Rytm and was wondering if the latest updates have improved Overbridge (since last post was back in Feb)
That is what I've been reading n Elektronauts. I have the Rytm and Analog Keys, but I have not installed Overbridge yet. Been waiting for it to mature a bit. Today I finally downloaded the new 1.10 version and will install tonight/tomorrow.

Return to “Bitwig”