Alternate GUI for Arcsyn now available in v1.5 out now.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

fisherKing wrote:bodhisan...nice (the yellow's a bit odd with it). but great to see peeps working on this...
its the bright yellow/black color combo. its fine for an attention getting road sign, a synth GUI, not so much.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Bodhisan wrote:Now that I'm doing this, I realize it's not just "show and tell," so understand I'm not showing this to the dev, I'm not trying to sell it - it's for me (but I would share),

I'll probably fool around with it later on and do some other "alts."
Much better! I like what you are doing and look forward to further developments.

:)
바보

I should say "thank you," but, truly, what I did was no different than taking an existing synth patch and pulling a couple of levers, knobs and dials to tweak it. The effort it took was not at all impressive and quite minimal, but the capability/simplicity of whatever software you use (I used Preview in Mac, and wonder if I couldn't also use iPhoto? - which can do much more, I think, than Preview) rather is impressive - as shown.

update: the dev has expressed the desire to use my skin as a switchable gui in a future
version release of Arcsyn. The grey/lavender color scheme was the one i sent to him.
hopefully it will be available to all soon. thanks again for those that gave input on it. :tu:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Good to know. I like your version much more than the original look of the GUI.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

layzer wrote:update: the dev has expressed the desire to use my skin as a switchable gui in a future
version release of Arcsyn. The grey/lavender color scheme was the one i sent to him.
hopefully it will be available to all soon. thanks again for those that gave input on it. :tu:
Nice. Much easier on the eyes, but I still think it could use an overall UX pass. As it is it reminds me of what I get from engineers before the UI/UX design phase.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

layzer wrote:update: the dev has expressed the desire to use my skin as a switchable gui in a future
looking forward to being able to use this.. 8)

fisherKing wrote:
looking forward to being able to use this.. 8)
it is now available in the updated V1.5

http://www.spcplugins.com/arcsyn

layzer wrote:
fisherKing wrote:bodhisan...nice (the yellow's a bit odd with it). but great to see peeps working on this...
its the bright yellow/black color combo. its fine for an attention getting road sign, a synth GUI, not so much.
tbh I wish the background colour had stayed black and he hadn't bowed to all the criticism, the current muddy grey/brown is worse (Circle has the same problem now too).

Oh well at least the Satya one fixes that.

Thanks for the update notice. Still no fix for the sustain pedal......

The knobs are still really bad on this. The 'indicator' section looks like its totally separate and has been slapped on. Doesnt look like part of the knob.

Really tho, tho whole thing looks a bit Win98.

AnX wrote:The knobs are still really bad on this. The 'indicator' section looks like its totally separate and has been slapped on. Doesnt look like part of the knob.

Really tho, tho whole thing looks a bit Win98.
yeah, really bad. :roll:
i still use the win98/95 desktop theme on my winxp daw so i'll take that as a compliment.

Ah, that explains alot. Cheers!

layzer wrote:My "light" skin is now available in the updated V1.5 download at the SPC plugins official site.
This looks really good, easy to read and understand what controls are :tu:

Return to “Instruments”