StiX : MultiSynthesis Drum Machine (v1.6 Released + Flash sales)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
StiX

malachy5 wrote:
Lotuzia wrote:
malachy5 wrote:Very tempted to buy this great Drum machine but the demo freezes a lot on me in latest Ableton Suite on OSX, just gets stuck and loops on a piece of audio buffer, is this something in the demo build that is fixed in 1.01? Even if the project is mostly just StiX. Anyone else notice that?

It sounds great, I was surprised how well it sounds compared to e.g. Heartbeat and Tremor (I own Tremor and demoed Heartbeat).

One thing I noticed and couldn't find in quick scan of manual is if there is a way to type in values to e.g. stretch and pitch?
No type in values, but you can assign them to midi CCs for remote control.

Also please could you indicate if the freeze problem affects both VST and AU versions of StiX ? (You can switch between them on Live) (It's the first time such a problem is reported) Demo version is 1.0 and StiX is now 1.01, but as this behaviour was never seen, it could not have been *fixed* for 1.01, so please be cautious.( or maybe install the full featured, but time limited, demo version so you'llbe able to test the current full version )
Hi Lotuzia,

I tried the full featured version, both single and multi-out and both rock solid, no issues with intensive use over 24hrs so it seems to have been something with the demo version on my machine. I've bought it on the deadline, looking forward to using it. :party:

One little feature I thought would be a nice addition would be having individual pad pan as a destination in the Polystep or Mod Matrix to be able to add random pan to some percussion, no biggie as it can be done externally easily but it's nice to be able to save state as a self-contained patch.

Stix sounds really great and seems easy to get a nice groove going, something I struggle with in other x0x sequencers or in DAW piano roll, great job! Works really well with PolyKB which I also picked up :tu:
Thanks Malachy 5, glad it works ok on your system.

Pan automation : Yes, that's one of the features I have been discussing with Xils-Lab lately. I have good hope it will be implemented at some point in the future. (Though I can't promise anything)
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

AnX wrote:
VariKusBrainZ wrote:
AnX wrote:If you ever used any Roland/Boss drum machines, you know how crucial the 'exe' function is. Leaving this out is a massive oversight imo.
Explain
The 'exe' function works the same way as when you play real hihats (for example)

You set cl hat to cut open hat, program your pattern, job done. No messing with individual notes. Setting crash cyms to cut themselves too for cym rolls etc...

I cant think of a soft DM i use that doesnt have this function.
This is the same as chokes, as already discussed
Amazon: why not use an alternative

VariKusBrainZ wrote:
AnX wrote:
VariKusBrainZ wrote:
AnX wrote:If you ever used any Roland/Boss drum machines, you know how crucial the 'exe' function is. Leaving this out is a massive oversight imo.
Explain
The 'exe' function works the same way as when you play real hihats (for example)

You set cl hat to cut open hat, program your pattern, job done. No messing with individual notes. Setting crash cyms to cut themselves too for cym rolls etc...

This is the same as chokes, as already discussed
I know, im joining the conversation and trying to impress how important it is.

If Xils are compiling a wishlist for v1.1 can you please include something to switch the drumpad and all of the controls to what I set to solo? When I'm editing I hop around using solo and edit that sound to suit, it seems to be an unnecessary step to have to then select the pad I've soloed to do quick edits and I often forget to hit the pad or get the wrong pad and mess up other sounds! :dog: This would make editing much faster and far less error prone.

Hi,

Is it possible to switch patterns on various beats ? i.e. on a whole beat , 1/4, 1/8 or on 1/16 , ... etc. when I play the trigger note for a pattern ?

I think it is only possible to switch patterns at the end of a measure at this point.

Thanks,
Muziksculp

It would be amazing to have instant pattern change via midi as you suggest! that could allow some very creative drum programming and I think is an excellent feature for StiX.

AnX wrote:You set cl hat to cut open hat, program your pattern, job done. No messing with individual notes. Setting crash cyms to cut themselves too for cym rolls etc...

There are some though. Microtonic only got Choke function with MicroTonic 3 iirc. StiX is only v1.0. And like I said can achieve results similar, or more sophisticated than choke in other ways for a lot of cases.

Another famous Drum Machine, Drumazon, has only choke for the HH, and it's automatic irrc (ie you cant deactivate choke if you prefer it like that, you must live with it) Another very famous drum machine has *only* three configurable Choke Groups. So not for all sounds. ( WIch might be seen a s a reasonable solution as well) etc etc.

If/when the Choke function is implemented in StiX, we'll do our best to implement it properly.

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

malachy5 wrote:If Xils are compiling a wishlist for v1.1 can you please include something to switch the drumpad and all of the controls to what I set to solo? When I'm editing I hop around using solo and edit that sound to suit, it seems to be an unnecessary step to have to then select the pad I've soloed to do quick edits and I often forget to hit the pad or get the wrong pad and mess up other sounds! :dog: This would make editing much faster and far less error prone.
Do you mean 'Engage solo forces the soloed drum pad to be the one edited' ?
I think it's difficult because you can solo any number of drumpad ( ie not only one drum sound) so the logic would be difficult to implement. There are certainly things that can be enhanced for the visualisation of the current edited drum pad and other similar things in StiX, ie ergonompy, but I think we now need some time using StiX with something else in mind than fixing, testing and debugging things, and yes also receive the feedback of users, to make the right moves in the right direction.

Muziksculp wrote:Hi,

Is it possible to switch patterns on various beats ? i.e. on a whole beat , 1/4, 1/8 or on 1/16 , ... etc. when I play the trigger note for a pattern ?

I think it is only possible to switch patterns at the end of a measure at this point.

Thanks,
Muziksculp
And @ Plexuss.

Yes it would be nice I agree. Dont know if it's doable tbh, or how much work it would require to not be completely buggy and totally counterproductive. We made a few experiments about that, and well ... results did not match at all our expectations. So, we'll consider it, we already have to be exact, but only on the long term.(and once again, not sure if it's totally doable due to the polymorphic rythmic structure of StiX )

hi, There a way to drag / drop the sounds and the sequencer in this Xils StiX vst is very rare that there is no way ?? i can´t putt the sound in my daw i use studio one 2,thakns
Pd: congratulations on the forum

Lotuzia wrote:

Thanks,
Muziksculp
And @ Plexuss.

Yes it would be nice I agree. Dont know if it's doable tbh, or how much work it would require to not be completely buggy and totally counterproductive. We made a few experiments about that, and well ... results did not match at all our expectations. So, we'll consider it, we already have to be exact, but only on the long term.(and once again, not sure if it's totally doable due to the polymorphic rythmic structure of StiX )

Hi Lotuzia,

It would be great if you can manage adding this feature in the future. I think it is surely worth the extra time and effort trying to test if this can be done without compromising any other features of StiX. It will be an amazing feature to have, especially for jamming, and creating variations in realtime.

Thanks,
Muziksculp

sintetiko2 wrote:hi, There a way to drag / drop the sounds and the sequencer in this Xils StiX vst is very rare that there is no way ?? i can´t putt the sound in my daw i use studio one 2,thakns
Pd: congratulations on the forum
Thanks Sintetiko.

To record Midi data inside your daw ( the notes played) : Just put your daw in record mode, and dont forget to activate the Midi Out function in Stix ( ie the small record icon, the 1rst one above StiX virtual keyboard )

To record Audio Data (ie the sound) , just use your daw freeze, or audio rendering functions (in Cubase, precise rendering can be made with the 'export audio function, combined with make audio track )

Note : Imo,Record Midi Out is more versatile than d'n'd because you can record precisely and exactly what you want in your daw ( A bar, hafl bar, a whole track, 3 bars etc) + You can also control live other instruments with StiX, wich is impossible with a drag n drop function.

Muziksculp wrote:
Lotuzia wrote:

Thanks,
Muziksculp
And @ Plexuss.

Hi Lotuzia,

It would be great if you can manage adding this feature in the future. I think it is surely worth the extra time and effort trying to test if this can be done without compromising any other features of StiX. It will be an amazing feature to have, especially for jamming, and creating variations in realtime.

Thanks,
Muziksculp
Be assured that we'll try to do the best we can to allocate r&d and human ressources to serve you, users, in the best profitable way.

Lotuzia wrote: To record Midi data inside your daw ( the notes played) : Just put your daw in record mode, and dont forget to activate the Midi Out function in Stix ( ie the small record icon, the 1rst one above StiX virtual keyboard )
But as is well known this does not work in all hosts. Drag and drop/cut and paste would ensure that all users are able to do this.

Thanks Lotuzia for listening. I am humbled as I am a fan of your sounds for Xils and Le Lotus Bleu. But...I want to know what I did to offended you enough that you tried sending me to a place that's currently cutting staff.

Anyway, having a blast with StiX, it's a muse.

R clap envelope is great. I used it on this track:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeEY6t5Wwzk

Return to “Instruments”