What Are Top Best Software Digital Synths Ever?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

By digital, I mean the following....

1. Frequency Modulation [FM]
2. Waveable
3. Phrase Modulation [PM]
4. Additive

In other words, it's NOT analogue/analog at all. The digital synths can be freeware or commercial ware.

Thank you in advance. :)
Last edited by TVD on Fri May 06, 2016 2:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

I've heard Omnisphere is pretty incredible. Does Reaktor count?
Nobody, Ever wrote:I have enough plugins.

Mpowersynth - unabashedly digital. Great sounding osc and filters and the best fx section included in any synth. It also does FM, PM and Additive synthesis.

Harmor - An additive synth disguised as a subtractive synth. If you dig into it you'll find it can do all sorts of unique sounds.

FM8 - a classic which can make retro and contemporary sounds.

My top three would probably be Alchemy (additive/granular/spectral hybrid), RP Blue 2 (FM hybrid), and Loom (additive).
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

My list is pretty small

Mpowersynth

zenophilix wrote:I've heard Omnisphere is pretty incredible. Does Reaktor count?
If Reaktor users are still making digital synths, then yes.

1. Bazille, because of sound quality, but also worth mentioning Sytrus , Zebra 2, FM8.
2. Serum, because of possibilities, but also worth mentioning Massive, Dune 2, Access Virus.
3. Bazille
4. Harmor

Wavetable: Massive
Additive: Razor
Phase Modulataion: Kontour
Granular, Waveshaping, FM, RM, whatever else: Diversion
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

For FM, Wavetable, PM, Additive, PD, and some physical modeling all in one :drumroll:

Zebra - best pure digital synth (no samples) you can buy!

Simple: Falcon

Diversion
MPowersynth

1. Omnisphere 2
2. Omnisphere 2
3. Omnisphere 2
4. UVI Falcon

Looks like we have a winner.

Serum on the wavetable front. Ease of use and speed of workflow is incredible. You can get ultra complex and usable sounds within minutes.

On the additive front, Harmor. The toylike (and frankly terrible) GUI doesn't give a great deal away. The power and flexibility hidden under the hood once you get into the drop down menus and start tinkering is absolutely dazzling. My jaw dropped when I realised just how many parts of it can be arbitrarily defined, modified and controlled. Just within the filter (well, not really a 'filter' as it's just changing the parameters of the additive synthesis) you can freehand draw the filter shape, resonance shape, and 'self oscillation' independently from one another. You want a combined notch and lowpass filter with 3 resonant bumps an octave above the cutoff frequency and a self-oscillation hum 10 semitones below the cutoff frequency? No problem. That's just the start - really, that's basic stuff in Harmor. The power lurking in those right click/drop down menus is insane. I'm having loads of fun using the Prism module in conjunction with a customised response graph to do whammy style octave drops on individual harmonics in resynthesised audio. Madness.

Serum
Zebra
Omni
Diva
Nemesis
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

:arrow: Reaktor and the other Komplete Synths (Nearly nothing more you need)
:arrow: Alchemy (Lovely locking Eierlegende Wollmilchsau with good handling for this immense possibilites)
:arrow: Falcon (Too much for me, since now :))
:arrow: Phonec v2 (i personally love those unpredictable soundmodulations)
:arrow: Arcsyn (Because there are Patches from Simon (Patchpool) i like a lot :clap: )

All these because they fit my music and way to work, currently :!:
Was Große tun, beschwatzen gern die Kleinen.

Return to “Instruments”