Xils-lab Xils 4 and PolyKB II ready for NI NKS versions (+ 50% off sale via NI site )

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

zxant wrote: 
Lotuzia:

You say the synths will work without the Komplete Kontrol and Maschine thing.

Ingo said there was KK and Maschine software required ...

... and it says on the NI website:
Minimum System Requirements : KOMPLETE KONTROL 1.5 or higher and/or MASCHINE 2.4 or higher
I'm very confused ... . .:? :?:
I think that just means if you want to use the NKS functionality. Other than that they are still the same old plugins, this is just 'added value'.

Well, then NI is not very clear about it . :(

Don't know - where are you looking? I just looked at the minimum system requirements for one of the plugins (Nave) and it says :
To use NKS features, KOMPLETE KONTROL 1.5 or higher and/or MASCHINE 2.4 or higher
seems fairly clear. Maybe the others are different or you are looking at a page that is just referring to NKS not a specific plugin?

edit ah yes I checked them all now - seems like some do state 'to use NKS features' but others inc the XILS ones don't. Maybe they need to all use the same disclaimer?

To Zxant :

Yes aMused is right. If you dont have Maschine 2 or an NKS Serie S keyboard, the plug ins will function like any other plug in you have

Then IF however you have Maschine 2 or a NKS keyboard (or get one later), you'll benefit of the added features that NKS format offers.

But it's not at all necessary to have an NKS device to use the Poly KBII or Xils 4 bought thru the NI sale.
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

robotmonkey wrote:
progtronic wrote: If they want my money.. they gotta junk that shit, and go with a more standard (buyer friendly) form of licencing.
This. PolyKB II is probably one of the very few synths I'd even consider buying these days. But as long as it uses a sh1tty form of CP it's not gonna happen. I have more synths than I need anyway so there's no pressing need anyway. I might go for it for 15 to 20 bucks but no way I would consider paying more for anything that uses PACE cr@p. :shrug:
I'm afraid you could wait 6 lifes before it can happen. But what would be life without hope ? 8)

For those who want to make music in their current life, I think you wont see such a promo deal for a long time.

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

so besides ilok hating, no opnions on the sound of the synths?

Someone who owns it can say something about XILS 4?

here's a video with some Xils 4 sounds. Play it loud :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdmCQVYkmu8

I remember a video with a guy who made some very very adventurous sounds with the xils 4. Will try to find it.

You might also want to try the demo version.

Don't know if it's the guy you'r referencing to but,
this one really is a seriously talented programmer <http://soundsdivine.com>

Hi Lotuzia,

I have Xils KBII , It is sounds amazing !

I can't make up my mind about Xils 4. , first thing, I feel that it takes too long to make sounds with it, due to the complexity of the interface, I am also not very impressed with the sound demos I heard.

On the other hand, I am leaning more towards buying Xils Syn' X2, I like the overall sounds it can create, and the user interface looks like it will allow for faster creation of sounds.

Would you recommend Syn' X2 over Xils 4, based on my comments, and observations ? or am I missing something very special about Xils 4 ?

Basically, I'm trying to pick the right synth for me between Xils 4 and Syn' X2 , so far leaning more towards Syn' X2.

Thanks,
Muziksculp

Lotuzia wrote:
robotmonkey wrote: This. PolyKB II is probably one of the very few synths I'd even consider buying these days. But as long as it uses a sh1tty form of CP it's not gonna happen. I have more synths than I need anyway so there's no pressing need anyway. I might go for it for 15 to 20 bucks but no way I would consider paying more for anything that uses PACE cr@p. :shrug:
I'm afraid you could wait 6 lifes before it can happen. But what would be life without hope ? 8)

For those who want to make music in their current life, I think you wont see such a promo deal for a long time.
Like I said, I have no pressing need so I couldn't care less. If I'm not satisfied with what is on offer then they won't get my money. Until they keep using sh1tty copy protection, It severely lowers the value of that particular software in my eyes. They get rid of it, I'd be willing to pay more. After all it's not like I could not make any music without it. Hell, I could throw away half of the synths I already have and I could still make any sound I could ever want. Or I will just give my money to some other developer. It's as simple as that.
No signature here!

Muziksculp wrote:Hi Lotuzia,

I can't make up my mind about Xils 4. , first thing, I feel that it takes too long to make sounds with it, due to the complexity of the interface, I am also not very impressed with the sound demos I heard.

On the other hand, I am leaning more towards buying Xils Syn' X2, I like the overall sounds it can create, and the user interface looks like it will allow for faster creation of sounds.

Would you recommend Syn' X2 over Xils 4, based on my comments, and observations ? or am I missing something very special about Xils 4 ?

Basically, I'm trying to pick the right synth for me between Xils 4 and Syn' X2 , so far leaning more towards Syn' X2.

Thanks,
Muziksculp
Yes the PolyKB II is imho the warmest VA ever procuded. Deep, moving.

Else, that's a challenging question :)

With the Xils 4 you enter the very private club of semi modular synths with tons of modules, special trapezoidal envelopes, and yes, if you like to start patches from scratch it might be a bit challenging to program it.

With the Syn'X 2 you enter the even more private club of multimpbral VA synthesizers ( Besides Lush 101, I can't think of any other) You can program it at several levels, *basic* montimbral patches deep, but eazy to build. If you want to make a huge Lead patch with all up to 8 layers, 8 differents filters, LFOs, tons of oscillators and envelopes, it can go very deep also. AIl you then add all the different Play modes, you can get results no other synth can achieve.

So both synths are deep, but with the Syn'X 2 certain patches are quick to build, complexity is always optional, when it's always a bit present in the Xils 4.

Synthesis wise, they are as you said very different. Syn'X DCOs are very precise and it will show in a mix, the multimode filters are sharp, when the Xils 4 will always retain a kind of *clear character*, even with the most experimental/crazy sounds.

So it's difficult to choose. Something I noticed when I use one or the other, is that the Xils 4 more often demands to be the center synth, or foundation, of a track ( if you dont only use it for schlirps and gimmicky analog noises, wich it excells at), and that the Syn'X 2 can find it's place in hybrid environments easily ( Like electric + electronic instruments tracks) or in any busy mix. Also maybe, the Xils 4 screams for real time tweaking and experimentation, or evolving arpeggios/Berlin school stuff, when the Syn'X 2 is more focused for keyboards players and composers. But maybe it's just how I use them, and it would be different for you. And anyway a capable synth is usefull in every genre. Don't know if it help you much, but well, it's true that they are very different, and equally usefull for me. I would have hard times to decide for only one of them.

Lotuzia wrote:
Muziksculp wrote:Hi Lotuzia,

Thanks,
Muziksculp
Yes the PolyKB II is imho the warmest VA ever procuded. Deep, moving.

Else, that's a challenging question :)

With the Xils 4 you enter the very private club of semi modular synths with tons of modules, special trapezoidal envelopes, and yes, if you like to start patches from scratch it might be a bit challenging to program it.

With the Syn'X 2 you enter the even more private club of multimpbral VA synthesizers ( Besides Lush 101, I can't think of any other) You can program it at several levels, *basic* montimbral patches deep, but eazy to build. If you want to make a huge Lead patch with all up to 8 layers, 8 differents filters, LFOs, tons of oscillators and envelopes, it can go very deep also. AIl you then add all the different Play modes, you can get results no other synth can achieve.

So both synths are deep, but with the Syn'X 2 certain patches are quick to build, complexity is always optional, when it's always a bit present in the Xils 4.

Synthesis wise, they are as you said very different. Syn'X DCOs are very precise and it will show in a mix, the multimode filters are sharp, when the Xils 4 will always retain a kind of *clear character*, even with the most experimental/crazy sounds.

So it's difficult to choose. Something I noticed when I use one or the other, is that the Xils 4 more often demands to be the center synth, or foundation, of a track ( if you dont only use it for schlirps and gimmicky analog noises, wich it excells at), and that the Syn'X 2 can find it's place in hybrid environments easily ( Like electric + electronic instruments tracks) or in any busy mix. Also maybe, the Xils 4 screams for real time tweaking and experimentation, or evolving arpeggios/Berlin school stuff, when the Syn'X 2 is more focused for keyboards players and composers. But maybe it's just how I use them, and it would be different for you. And anyway a capable synth is usefull in every genre. Don't know if it help you much, but well, it's true that they are very different, and equally usefull for me. I would have hard times to decide for only one of them.
Hi Lotuzia,

Thanks for your helpful feedback.

I think Xils Syn'X 2 will be more suited for my needs, so I will be adding it in the near future. I still have a lot to discover, and enjoy with Xils KBII (Love it) :phones: :tu:

Cheers,
Muziksculp

A few sounds of the mighty Xils 4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdmCQVYkmu8

Return to “Instruments”