What are you using to meet all your saturation/coloring needs?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Honestly I have been relying on Satin for everything and I'll use Ohmicide as a distortion tool when I need really intense distortion. I havn't been really using Trash2 that often even though it's good.

Eventually I want to buy Saturn again, because I found it was really easy and quick to dial in saturation with.
:borg:

I like Waves Saphira for subtle magic but its a subtle tool - the EQs make it very versatile. bx_saturation to bump up loudness. Ozone 7 is good for high fidelity character. LVC Audio Pre-Amped is good for unique out of the box character. My favourite analogue over-driven pre-amp is the Lindell preamp from PA. Funny, I have Saturn but haven't used it much - so much to choose from so I'll try working with it on this new track I am working on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JS43do0-dY

This should be more popular than it is. The Color dial and interaction between Drive/Fuzz is simply awesome.

I haven't been on-line much in 4 months but i feel like i just responded on a thread like this.

as someone said NI guitar rig is quite versatile
(not just the distortion/overdrives, many of the amps work on some things.)
I've kinda given up on Izotope since they were taken over by bean counters but Trash is also versatile.
Many of PSP stuff has nice overdrive.
For all out craziness Audio Damamge Kombinat is fun.

And yes, probably whatever you have in Reaper is probably great (i use Reaper but haven't checked this out.)
gadgets an gizmos..make noise https://soundcloud.com/crystalawareness Restocked: 3/24
old stuff http://ww.dancingbearaudioresearch.com/
if this post is edited -it was for punctuation, grammar, or to make it coherent (or make me seem coherent).

Recently bought SDRR from Klanghelm and I love it.
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

1) Vertigo VSM-3
2) Fielding DSP Reviver
3) Duende X-Saturator
4) Kush Omega A + N (probably i would prefer the new UAD 1073 to `N`)

I have FF Saturn for sale!

jpga wrote:I have FF Saturn for sale!

what do you think, you're going to get around the forum limitations and marketplace single topic per person with a bump every 48 hrs, by posting about your sale in multiple forums? Nice try.
:roll:

CDSoundmaster for Nebula
Alex B for Nebula
Tim Petherick for Nebula
U-he Satin
Hornet Analog Stage
UAD-2
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

Slate VTM and Klanghelm SDRR for me.

I currently have SDRR, Satin, Guitar Rig and Softube Saturation Knob and I'm thinking about getting a multiband disctortion/saturation plugin in addition to these. There are Saturn and Izotope Thrash - I'm leaning towards Thrash since it is cheaper and I like other Izotope plugins, but also curious what others think - maybe Saturn is substantially better or there are other good MB distortions.

I will be using it on synth sources mostly (not a guitar)
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

Try the Melda MMultiBandDistortion and MMultiBandSaturator for multi-band fx of this type.
https://www.meldaproduction.com/MMultiBandDistortion
www.meldaproduction.com/MMultiBandSaturator
Keep your eyes peeled for them on Melda's weekly Eternal Madness sales.

I often turn to Live's built in Saturator. I realize that's not an option for everyone, but it's seriously good and versatile. Anyway, pays off to look at what comes bundled with your daw.

For MB I use Saturn quite a bit, although I do wish it would be a bit more gnarly at times. For slightly more subtle tasks it's very good.

SSDR and Satin for warmifying :)

O and I'm bummed that I missed the free Maul, the single band version. I'd like to try that one.

Sonimus Burnley73
Satin
Sonnox Inflator
Sonnox Dynamics (warmth)
PSP Vintage Warmer

Just bought Voxengo Varisaturator - going to put it up against Saphira for harmonic excitement duties (mastering).

Return to “Effects”