What are you using to meet all your saturation/coloring needs?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Or the new IK S........-X

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:Or the new IK S........-X
You tease :D When's the big reveal?

recursive one wrote:or there are other good MB distortions.

I will be using it on synth sources mostly (not a guitar)
certainly consider Kombinat dva.

Maul's pretty damn useful.

Though I liked the u-he satin and kramer waves, I ultimately decided that saturation is unnecessary. Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I have not heard "truly excellent" mix examples where saturation is necessary. EQ and gain staging still seem to be the best things in examples others have given.

Steve Bolivar wrote:Try the Melda MMultiBandDistortion and MMultiBandSaturator for multi-band fx of this type.
https://www.meldaproduction.com/MMultiBandDistortion
http://www.meldaproduction.com/MMultiBandSaturator
Keep your eyes peeled for them on Melda's weekly Eternal Madness sales.
Thanks, I didn't know about these, will check them out. I remember I quite liked the distortion in Mpowersynth
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

acYm wrote:
recursive one wrote:or there are other good MB distortions.

I will be using it on synth sources mostly (not a guitar)
certainly consider Kombinat dva.
Is there a demo? The audio examples on their site show extremely mutilated sound, not quite what I'm after.

I tyed a lot of this stuff and it may be a user fault or because of the others doesn´t fit my taste but i was myself surpised that 2caudio´s B2 fits the best for me because it can do everything from saturation, distortion, echo/delay effects and awesome reverbs of course....and that all at the same time. It also has a million parameters to dive in...
At least for me this replaced a bunch of other plug-ins. I think this would be the last plug-in i ever would resell :hihi:

BDeep wrote:Anyway, pays off to look at what comes bundled with your daw.
Yeah, the distrotion stuff build into Studio One (Ampire and Red light Distortion) are not bad, I use them here and there. But they are not multiband. Afaik it must be possible in S1 v. 3 to patch custom multiband chains but I still didn't upgrade from 2.65 and unlikely will do it anytime soon.

deleted
Last edited by replicant X on Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Each DAW has a different sound.

replicant X wrote:PSP MixSaturator2 is superb.
Yeah, it is! I thought I'm the only one using it but I really like it - basically it is my first option to try when I feel a track needs a suble saturation or some bass or llower midrange boost

When I'm looking for something special, I often use pretty cool free de la mancha's Imperfection and, please note, free Bonch Bruevich Tube plugin, which is practically unknown but still is awesome and strange. I've made a thread about it + presets.
https://soundcloud.com/vospi
I love music, worked with a number of music/rhythm/dance games like Pump It Up, In The Groove, Cytus and Deemo, and teach music production.

Vospi wrote: Bonch Bruevich Tube plugin
Офигенное название :ud: Awesome name, must try this thingy just for the sake of the name.

Just bought Saturn, I guess I'm set for my saturation/distortion needs. Btw Saturn is on sale now for EUR 69.

I forgot the amazing UAD 1176 REV A (with a custom made preset for saturation only). Sounds really good!

For pure saturation/coloring; without including compressors, EQs and amp sims, I used any one of the following:

* Audio Damage Kombinat Dva
* D16 Devastor 2, Redoptor
* Fabfilter Saturn
* Fxpansion Maul
* Kilohearts Faturator
* Mellowmuse CS1V, SATV
* Native Instruments Driver
* Rob Papen RP-Distort
* Softube Saturation Knob
* Studio Devil Virtual Tube Preamp
* u-He Satin
* Voxengo VariSaturator, Warmifier

From the items in the given list, D16 Redoptor, Fabfilter Saturn, Fxpansion Maul, Studio Devil Virtual Tube Preamp and u-He Satin are my favorites.

Return to “Effects”