Shreddage Guitars staying in the first position

Official support for: impactsoundworks.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello zircon -

I have all of the Shreddage guitars (2, SBZ, SRP, and bass) and I having trouble with the automatic string selection staying in the first position. I want to start at the open E on the low E-String, play up the scale on the E-String until I get to the A string, and the A to play on the open A string in the first position. What is happening is the guitar will play the first few notes on the E string, and then jump to the higher frets on the low G to play the A (for example on the SRP). I have tried to adjust the hand size, forcing the playing position, and nothing seems to work.

What am I doing wrong here?

If I load SRP and play a low E, then F#, then G, then A, by default it plays the first 3 notes on the E string and then the A on the A string. To encourage this behavior further, check the fret preference range (frets 0 to 6 is good for this) and then hit the "!" which is under the eye (view) button on the Advanced tab of the perform page.

You have to be careful with overlapping notes, which is what is likely causing odd behavior for you. Let's say you play an E, and without letting go, you play a G. What strings can play G? The E string, and the low G string. Even if you release the E a split-second after pressing the G, at the time the G was pressed, only the low G string was available. So the note gets played there. As a result of that jump in frets, the system assumes you intended to change hand position, and thus it will prefer to play notes around that position.
Shreddage 3 Stratus: Next generation Kontakt Player guitar, now available!

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

Thanks for the quick response! I will give what said to do a try!

Return to “Impact Soundworks”