RUN ON MIDI NOTE , How to make it work?

Official support for: sugar-bytes.de
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
Hi , im using macos X with logic 8 , i love effectrix but how da $%& can i make the run on midi note mode to work?

i have some vocals in an audio track with effextrix as one of its inserst, then i created a midi track and went to nvironment to plug the output of the midi track to the input of the audio track , nothing happnes

the vocal sounds with no effectrix fx at all , as you can see i created a random midi notes loop but the notes looks like not getting into the audio track, as the second monitor doesnt show them

i think this is some logic thing, nothing to do with effectrix, but im using logic for years and nener needed to route midi notes to an audio track before... i dont know how to do it :?, any help will be apreciated

check the screenshot for details

http://img385.imageshack.us/img385/1195/imagen9va9.png (http://img385.imageshack.us/img385/1195/imagen9va9.png)

Hi,

use Effectrix as an Audio Instrument.

You can find Effectrix under Midi Controlled FX there,
it's on the bottom of the plugins list..

In the upper right of the plugin you find the sidechain menu.
There you select your audio track.
That way you can use Effectrix, and also Artillery2 with midi and audio.

It's also explained in the manual under "host integration".

best
Rico

got it ! make sense , thank you very much , sorry not to read the manual :-o

hi, i'm using effectrix in ableton live 7 and i'm having trouble figuring out how to bind midi keys on my controller to each effect. i've managed to set it up with my controller so that the keys "launch" the effextrix but each every key does the same function. is it possible to assign midi to each effect so that when a midi key is pressed the effextrix will fill in slots according to how long the key is held down and for that specific effect?

sorry if this was hard to understand and thx in advance.

Hi, maybe download the Artillery demo, it exactly does what you are looking for. In Effectrix, use the pattern keys. Draw a full length step for one effect on each of the available keys. That way you can adress at least 12 effects directly with midi notes.

best regards
Rico Baade

Im trying to setup effectrix in Studio One 3 so that my midi controller can control effectrix on a bus/aux. Can someone assist me?

Hi,

this is how it works with Studio One:

Please set up an audio or instrument track and use Effectrix as effect.

Send MIDI to Effectrix by using an Instrument track and choose Effectrix as its MIDI Out target.

Activate "Trigger by MIDI" to trigger the sequencer with MIDI notes. Activate record on the instrument track. Now Effectrix will respond to the Instrument track.

To trigger the Patters with MIDI notes activate "Pattern Keys"
Now you can press a key or set MIDI Note events (C1 is Pattern1, C#1 is Pattern2 and so on) to trigger and select certain Effectrix Pattern so you can trigger the related key at the exact location you want.

Best,
Nadine

Return to “Sugar Bytes”