Best Price CPU for Diva?

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

chk071 wrote:
david.beholder wrote:I use 3 years old I7-3930 (~$400 at that time) and it can stand anything still.
Give it the ultimate stress test, and try Diversion. :hihi:
Heavier than anything by U-he? Wow are they emulating on electron streams level?
Murderous duck!

Frankly, i have no idea why it's that heavy. Sometimes a single oscillator with a sine wave takes 25-30% CPU here. Seems like a lot of stuff is being processed, when it doesn't really need to be processed. Or so.

since they are not trying to mimic analog gear in a hard and complex way i've been thinking the same -- bad or no optimization
Murderous duck!

Lush101 is another good sounding synth that will eat your CPU for breakfast.
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

people almost never note Kaivo. Now that's a heavy synth.

ATN69 wrote:Lush101 is another good sounding synth that will eat your CPU for breakfast.
Tried demo before. 3930 stand it well.
Murderous duck!

I'm running an i7 4790K + 32GB 2400mhz RAM on Windows 10 in Live 9.6 and haven't run into any issues with CPU overload running Diva (or Bazille or Zebra2 for that matter). Haven't specifically tested it for the maximum number of instances though.

bcm70 wrote:I'm running an i7 4790K + 32GB 2400mhz RAM on Windows 10 in Live 9.6 and haven't run into any issues with CPU overload running Diva (or Bazille or Zebra2 for that matter). Haven't specifically tested it for the maximum number of instances though.
My proc is the same. You should be able to run 5 instances@devine settings with 16 voices each :tu:

tttttom wrote:By the way, there's something I don't quite get about the CPU consumption of Diva.
I've had Diva for a few years and it used to run perfectly with my McMini from 2012 (i7 quad core, but still from 2012).
Now I've upgraded my machine and switched to Windows, and everything is basically more powerful (i7 4790k, 16 GB ram, etc) and yet I can't even run one instance of Diva without my buffer popping/clicking. This happens even with a very very high latency (unplayable high). It gets a tad bit better if I set Diva to Draft mode, but then after one instance of Diva the trouble starts again. I can run tons of Aalto's in the same project and I'd never have that problem, although it's supposed to be a demanding plug-in too.
Is that an known issue with Diva and Asio or Windows? I don't quite get where the issue comes from here.
I tried in several hosts, so I don't think it's due to how Live manages ressources. Anyone had a similar experience?
this sounds clearly like a windows power scheme and/or dpc latency issue.

What windows version you are using would be helpful, as well as whether you have disabled all processor throttling in windows. Then use latencymon to check your dpc.

david.beholder wrote:
ATN69 wrote:Lush101 is another good sounding synth that will eat your CPU for breakfast.
Tried demo before. 3930 stand it well.
i7 dual core - 3GHz. I tried the demo as well. I love the sound of Lush 101. But scrolling thru the presets I found that a number of them spiked the CPU. For sure it will depend on filter settings, voices used in the preset, etc. But those sounds are what makes synths like Lush 101 standing out in the crowd. But it comes with a cost in terms of CPU load. For regular presets (less demanding) I can use many other synths to get similar sounds. Diva is on my shopping list still.
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

Return to “u-he”