RELATED
PRODUCTS

Harry_HH wrote:
kcearl wrote:
Harry_HH wrote:
kcearl wrote:
JBlongz wrote:
Spark 2 was a complete rewrite, it was worth $99 yet was free
Are you referring the last update -or is the Spark 2 rewritten in this new ver. 5? (vs. ver. 4).
Im talking about the update from version 1 to version 2.

Spark is no longer part of the V collection I think
I was hoping they had upgraded the Spark 2.
I have the IV collection and the Spark 2 has a lot of potential. Arturia should just update it and change a couple of things in it. I use it all the time, but it could easily be 300 % better. (Just demoed the Geist 2 and noticed that I don't like it, Spark 2 has 20 % of the Geist 2 features - still I like it more).
I kinda preferred version one, used to use it all the time. My Machinedrum blew up whilst away from home for a year so I bought Spark on the road and used MD samples, loved it. Even put out a few kits on the Arturia website sampling my other drum machines. It was just so straightforward compared to my Machine and MPC studio..solid too, cant say that for some of their plugs ;)

Anyhoo Ill await Arturia refunding everyone their $99 and making that update free :D

kcearl wrote:
JBlongz wrote:The GUI update may have required a significant code rewrite to accomplish. That directly affects costs. I was more offended when Yamaha released the Montage as the new flagship over the Motif with its deceptive marketing.

V5 is actually more than just an update. Each plugin is entirely new installs next to the previous versions.

how they are installed doesnt matter, the last update had to be reinstalled too

Spark 2 was a complete rewrite, it was worth $99 yet was free

GUI improvements are point updates with nearly any software I know...

Ts just my opinion, I get its a competative matket, but its the end of my relationship with the V collection... E God knows ive got enough pianos and vintage organs, whats next Arturia V Komplete Ultimate?
Most GUI updates use the APIs of the OS. This GUI update involved creating a separate GUI for each size, I noticed during my update that there are thousand of png files installed that make up the hundreds of "pieces" of the instrument you see on the screen...if it was a simpler case of just scaling graphics the cost of development would have been much less.
JW
CWO2 USMC Retired
Laconia, Indiana

kcearl wrote:So unless theres a rethink (unlikely) v4 will be where this software stays for me
The same here. I've been a long time Arturia fans, especially the Moog Modular V. Currently the more I play with V5, the more I'm falling in love with the sound of V4. Which is imho more alive sounding, with those "Vintage" vibe that supposed to be the main reason of the whole collection. To me V5 sounds a bit more clinical, which is at certain condition might be needed for a more modern context. But I really miss the good ol' vintage vibe of V4. With so many plugins in my folder, nothing can replace the original Modular V.

When the V5 was announced, I didn't expect too much updates from the older collection..just a little bit of visual and browser upgrade, maybe with a little engine upgrade to make it even more "Authentic", not more modern sounding with big installation files.

Maybe it's closer to the V6 release, if there's a chance..please bring back the glory by perfecting the V4. The V5 engine can be used for a new Arturia Modular/Original synth not "Emulating" Vintage synths. It's going to be a great combination with the updated V4 engine in a modular form.
Kaossilatron - Voicillator
Station: Ableton Live 10 Suite, Obscurium, Push 2, Ultranova, MS-20m, Wavedrums

crystalmsc wrote:
kcearl wrote:So unless theres a rethink (unlikely) v4 will be where this software stays for me
The same here. I've been a long time Arturia fans, especially the Moog Modular V. Currently the more I play with V5, the more I'm falling in love with the sound of V4. Which is imho more alive sounding, with those "Vintage" vibe that supposed to be the main reason of the whole collection. To me V5 sounds a bit more clinical, which is at certain condition might be needed for a more modern context. But I really miss the good ol' vintage vibe of V4. With so many plugins in my folder, nothing can replace the original Modular V.

When the V5 was announced, I didn't expect too much updates from the older collection..just a little bit of visual and browser upgrade, maybe with a little engine upgrade to make it even more "Authentic", not more modern sounding with big installation files.

Maybe it's closer to the V6 release, if there's a chance..please bring back the glory by perfecting the V4. The V5 engine can be used for a new Arturia Modular/Original synth not "Emulating" Vintage synths. It's going to be a great combination with the updated V4 engine in a modular form.
There is no difference in sound apart from an improved filter in the Mini

aMUSEd wrote:There is no difference in sound apart from an improved filter in the Mini
I've pushed myself hard to think that way, but it's still different to me.
Kaossilatron - Voicillator
Station: Ableton Live 10 Suite, Obscurium, Push 2, Ultranova, MS-20m, Wavedrums

Placebo effect

There is a slight difference in the sound, because the filter is applied to most of the patches. These 'filter improvements' reflect in the audio and we may not detect it in every preset.

V5 UI upgrade is paramount to better productivity and sound design. The database for patch and settings management have significantly improved.
Laptop Win11 Home 16" Asus ProArt i7-12700H 64GB RAM RTX 3060
Desktop Win11 Pro Aorus X570s Pro AX AMD 5900x 128GB Ram RTX 3060

Return to “Arturia”