Virus TI Snow --> discontinued?!?!?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It would be the first Model from Access which is discontinued in the range.(TI) A little bit sad....

I thought it could be possible that Access build an OS to control dedicated other VST´s. The Control of the Mod Matrix is still a problem at other VST´s and the User Interface at the Snow has a lots of options for thirdparty VST´s.

recursive one wrote:No idea, but pretty much may be since Snow uses other plugin than the bigger machines, so they may stop updating it.

Should back up the latest firmware download now
I dont think this will happen. Its still the same Virus Ti, just with less power.

Also Access officials didnt said anywhere Virus TI Snow is discontinued, only manufacturing has stopped, but people instantly assumed its been discontinued. But look it is logical, with all the software plugins being on par with hardware, not many folks are interested to put thousand of euro for a synth.

Apearently all the Virus Ti Snow units were bought out and Virus Ti2, Desktop/keyboard/polar are still in stock, but that doesnt mean that the rest of Virus ti range is still being manufactured.

Snow has 4x multitembrality, other Viruses have 16x. Hence different plugins with different plugin IDs. But indeed, without any official announcements from Access we may only guess what happens next.

But I understand why they may want to ditch the Snow while keeping the bigger models, Snow is essentially a plugin in the box, it competes with other plugins which are not tied to dedicated boxes, run unlimited instances in realtime and are several times cheaper. Bigger Viruses have a full-blown hardware controller surface and thus have all advantages of hardware. So I don't think the whole Virus line will die anytime soon.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

recursive one wrote:Snow has 4x multitembrality, other Viruses have 16x. Hence different plugins with different plugin IDs. But indeed, without any official announcements from Access we may only guess what happens next.

But I understand why they may want to ditch the Snow while keeping the bigger models, Snow is essentially a plugin in the box, it competes with other plugins which are not tied to dedicated boxes, run unlimited instances in realtime and are several times cheaper. Bigger Viruses have a full-blown hardware controller surface and thus have all advantages of hardware. So I don't think the whole Virus line will die anytime soon.
Not really, bigger brothers are also just vst in a box, and the control is very limited, it doesnt cover alot of features, especialy the ones that came within OS updates and in the end you still have to use that tiny screen alot more than you think you would.

Virus C has less voices then Snow and is made to have 16 multitimbral parts, but Snow it has more advanced features, a reverb and delay own each part (while older models only global) wich require more DSP power. 4x multitimbrality is made because of DSP used in it, Snow has only 1 dsp while ti2 has 2. But for the rest all viruses are identical by the features, sound, abilities. So in theoricly Snow could easely be 16 multitimbral also, its just limited with a purpose. From my expierience working with bigger brothers (also alot of other producers), you still cant run 16 parts.

Elektronisch wrote:From my expierience working with bigger brothers (also alot of other producers), you still cant run 16 parts.
I'm lucky if I can run more than 2 parts when using it for chord-parts on my TI.. sometimes only 1 part depending on the patch (and playing style).
music // twolegs // geometriae
sounddesign // twolegstoneworks

I really wish they make a midi-controller based on the TI keyboard layout and sell it bundled with the synth engine ported as a native VSTi plugin. I'd sell my Snow to buy such a thing if it ever existed.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

This should be considered a precursor to the entire Virus range being dropped in the not too distant future.

Sad, but inevitable.

Return to “Instruments”