Analog Lab 2

Official support for: arturia.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Congratulations to the release of AL 2 / V5.
But I have a problem with editing presets of my purchased Mini as described in the manual:
Editing a preset
One of the great features of Analog Lab is that it is possible for any of its presets to be opened and edited using the original Arturia instrument on which it was created, as long as you have purchased and installed a copy of that instrument on your computer.
There is no editing button:
mini.png
EDIT: Confirmed on my second computer. Same missing button. But anyway, the AL 2 seemed to be a big step forward to usable software. I like the new Piano sounds. Very cool update.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
[del]AudioLinux sucks.[/del]

hi,
Is the Mini V3 installed and activated on you computer?

Yes and the latest 2.7.0.76 version...

No upgrade price for the v1 owner?
musisikamar.com

Yes a free update... very generous. Take a look in your control center, and you can download the installation file

Yes and the latest 2.7.0.76 version...
VS
Mini V3
My fault, no I didn't have purchased Mini V3 ( still run v2) and so it didn't work with editing, I see.

EDIT:

OK 9.99€ is a no brainer update price for the Mini V3 - purchased and downloading now.

Solved, no software problem, just my ignorance, thank you Kevin for the hint!

I just re-installed the old Analog Lab, because there are many Multis that I like there. There are only 20 multis in the AL2 for now, hopefully they will add more, since it's the most interesting thing from such kind of product. While the newer sounds more modern and polished, I found that the older sounds more oldies. It's good to have them both for now.
Kaossilatron - Voicillator
Station: Ableton Live 10 Suite, Obscurium, Push 2, Ultranova, MS-20m, Wavedrums

Speaking of which, I know that when I pull up an instance via and instrument track in Pro Tools, that both V2 as well as V3 versions of various individual V-synths exist.

Will it create any issues in Pro Tools 12.4 if I were to pull up V2 version versus a V3 version of any of these?

I ask, because some presets that existed in V2's may have the same name in V3's, but not sound the same, or have some of the same modulation parameters, which I'd like to retain.

I've installed both Analog Lab and Modular V version and everything run perfectly.
Kaossilatron - Voicillator
Station: Ableton Live 10 Suite, Obscurium, Push 2, Ultranova, MS-20m, Wavedrums

crystalmsc wrote:I've installed both Analog Lab and Modular V version and everything run perfectly.

But are you running an older version of let's say a "Mini-V" ala V2 on the newer Analog Lab 2?

I know the V3 works on it since they're designed congruently.

The first thing I noticed with Analog Lab 2, immediately upon opening it, is that the interface looks very washed out. Also that the keyboard and controls look horrible compared to Analog Lab. Chintzy. Not much effort put into them. Lazy. ... (EDIT: perhaps it's the "flat style" interface, which I am generally not a fan of, but which seems pretty popular these days, in other instruments)
Also, while that whole "studio view" is cool looking for about 30 seconds, it's essentially useless. Nothing more than window dressing (altho the new popups with a little blurb about each instrument is neat for a second. really only read it once tho, and then it's useless)
The info bar on the bottom has to go. Put that stuff back up in the top bar where it belongs. Also, putting the values for parameters in that bottom bar is really lame. Having that info AT the knob you're tweaking is where that info SHOULD be. Put it back where it belongs. (this is true of ALL the updates. that bottom bar crap has to go, and the parameter info should go back by the knobs where it belongs)
Beyond that, getting into the preset browsing ...
The presets definitely load faster than in AL1, which is nice.
The new browsing system is .... okay. I wouldn't really say it's an improvement over Analog Lab 1, but I wouldn't really say it's worse either. However, I think Analog Lab 1 feels ... "cleaner" interface-wise. Analog Lab 2 has taken simplifying too far.
Why do we only have 2 columns of info for presets now? What was wrong with having ALL the columns there? Nothing, that's what. You've taken simplifying too far, perhaps to the point of dumbing it down.
Regarding the Prophet: I see you've removed the ability to browse only Prophet 5 or Prophet VS patches, they're all just lumped under "Prophet". WTF. Why would you think that's a good idea? o.O ... Who makes these decisions there, Mickey Mouse?
Regarding functionality:
No more rating system? Why? I can't even assign favorites now? I see a circle that intuitively makes me think I click it to make it a favorite, but clicking it does nothing.
Where/how to we change LFO Sync, polyphony, key mode, pitchbend range, and seq/arp step size? None of that appears to be there. LAME!! Again, WTF!!
I see you've removed the "Live" section as well. No big deal to me there, but I'm sure some folks liked it and will miss it. Again, why? WTF? It's not like it's too hard to implement.
Making multis. Yeah. It's there, okay, good. But it's MUCH better laid out in Analog Lab than it is in Analog Lab 2. EVERYTHING is right there. No tabbing. It's clear and straightforward in Analog Lab, immediately apparent without reading the manual. In Analog Lab 2 I had to scratch my head for a few minutes to figure it out.
I see you've also removed several of the available effects. Why?

Finally, TINY text in drop down menus. And this applies to all the updates I've seen. You've gone to all this trouble to make re-sizeable interfaces, yet used miniscule text all over the place. WTF!

Sorry guys, but go back to the drawing board. :\

Return to “Arturia”