Is there a way to have the clips play consecutively?

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi there

I was expecting there to be an option that when you press play for the first clips - they would play back until the end of the longest clip and then jump to play the clips below in the same manner

Does anybody have a workaround how these could be achieved because this would be the most logical and the best way that a clipbased sequencer would play the clips?

Any way to tell Bitwig to jump to the clips below when the longest clip of the selected clips has stopped playing?

i think you can only do follow actions on a single clip basis.

Suloo wrote:i think you can only do follow actions on a single clip basis.
Does this mean if I have two clips with the length of one bar and another clip with the length of two bars I can tell the first two clips to jump to the one below them after they've played two times and the last clip to jump to the one below it after it has played one time only?

Thank you for your help as well

yes you can do that, select your clip, check the inspector and there you will find the follow actions. You can define a time wich has to be passed until the action is triggered.

Could be more convinient with just buttons like, repeat by 1/2/3/4 etc ..currently you can define this time down to beats and tics, wich is not a typical usecase imo. I reported that to Bitwig and they liked the idea about it. We'll see..

Suloo wrote:yes you can do that, select your clip, check the inspector and there you will find the follow actions. You can define a time wich has to be passed until the action is triggered.

Could be more convinient with just buttons like, repeat by 1/2/3/4 etc ..currently you can define this time down to beats and tics, wich is not a typical usecase imo. I reported that to Bitwig and they liked the idea about it. We'll see..
Thanks I see it now

And yes

You can also set this 'next action' for several tracks at once, they have to be in a group though.

Scene follow actions would be great!

Tearing Riots wrote:You can also set this 'next action' for several tracks at once, they have to be in a group though.
Just tried this, you can do this for the whole scene as well.

Tearing Riots wrote:
Tearing Riots wrote:You can also set this 'next action' for several tracks at once, they have to be in a group though.
Wow thank you all I will try this

SoundLight wrote:
Tearing Riots wrote:
Wow thank you all I will try this
It Seems to be very buggy

doesn't pick up all the clips from the next scene

:?

Unless I'm missing something all I'm doing is the next action to play next but it doesn't pick up the Scenes and the clips in the next Scene correctly it only plays some of them

double post

Return to “Bitwig”