Presonus Updates Studio One and New Presence XT Editor

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Studio One Professional

xphen0m wrote:Does this new update still only allow one midi channel per track?

LawrenceF wrote:I never said the opinion was not justified, I only asked where the expectation came from.
That expectation would come from various free or low cost samplers that while they may not contain scripting, they do not need scripting to achieve as good or better performance than Presence XT, TX16W and Grace spring to mind here, and don't come that old pony of "Which DAW blah blah" an add on is an add on, so this is comparable to a VST, get over your nonsense, please.
LawrenceF wrote: Some seem surprised that companies, any company, Steinberg, Avid, whoever, in business to literally make money, tries to make money.
Not sure what point you are trying to make here, it is very very obvious that companies wish to make money, why would you possibly think that people would think that they shouldn't make money, you really do have this passion for changing the entire subject matter to suite your passive aggressive stance, I don't see anybody complaining about any company making money, however sometimes it is a little bit of a punch in the face to have a company you have already invested in to gauge you for more, for what actually is probably going to do them a good turn anyway, more people creating content for Presence, more value to Studio One.
Are we really going to pretend that beyond one or two sales, that this thing has legs, if they aren't giving this away soon enough i will be a monkeys nut sack, this sort of rubbish is normally so they can then say at a later date "Look what we are giving you for free now"

And i have to be honest, in recent times i suspect that any chatter is good chatter for Presonus, the faithful continually arguing nonsense, the pointless over the top hype of fairly standard releases, a lot of it looks like it is designed to be talked about in a bad light, just so S1 is being talked about, the old saying of "There is no such thing as bad press" springs to mind.
Duh

xphen0m wrote:
xphen0m wrote:Does this new update still only allow one midi channel per track?
I don't think it does. I don't think Presonus will ever do that, TBH, not sure why are they sticking to beyond basics in the MIDI editor... :/

Personally i think the presence XT editor should be free for the users of the studio one pro versions,and available as a add-on for the other versions

bungle wrote:That expectation would come from various free or low cost samplers that while they may not contain scripting, they do not need scripting to achieve as good or better performance than Presence XT
So, what's the problem? Simply don't buy it and go for the free options out there. In my view the thing is very straightforward: a X company releases a Y product which costs Z dollars. If I think it's worth the money I buy it, otherwise I don't. This simple. Why to complain?

dr4kan wrote:
bungle wrote:That expectation would come from various free or low cost samplers that while they may not contain scripting, they do not need scripting to achieve as good or better performance than Presence XT
So, what's the problem? Simply don't buy it and go for the free options out there. In my view the thing is very straightforward: a X company releases a Y product which costs Z dollars. If I think it's worth the money I buy it, otherwise I don't. This simple. Why to complain?
He goes under "tooshka" on the NI forums. He got to disrespectful toward an NI employee- check here
https://www.native-instruments.com/foru ... 14/page-12

This is what NI's senior product designer responded to Bungle aka Tooshka's (on the NI forum) comments:
"How about a more respectful and less insinuating tone? What I'm saying is that we integrated them to feel like hardware features, so that they can be called up anywhere in the project and would behave the same regardless of where you are. This wouldn't be easily achievable if they came after the note editor."

For some reason he just seems like an old guy who doesn't like his life. He is on that forum ALL day on Saturday's and Sundays from what I hear from others. Anyway, I like the studio one update so far.

Yes, our chum 'bungle' seems to jump on every Studio One update thread in a negative manner.
Of course, he / she is fully entitled to voice their opinions whether negative or positive, on a public forum and I have no problem with that.

However, when 'bungle' starts to whine about 'being flamed' is where the tenuous link with reality ends. As I recall, in the thread that he / she is referring to (I can't be arsed to link to it, but it is here on KVR) nobody actually flamed him / her about the opinion that the S1 Console FX was going nowhere development wise (I'm paraphrasing bungle here, not actually quoting).

I think the butt-hurt came about from bungle's preposterous theories about how Studio One coded Console FX (obviously having no knowledge of the source code) and giving a flawed script-kiddy example of how it could be scripted in Reaper.
The resulting, but polite, counter arguments are I think the 'flaming' to which the poster alludes.
bungle wrote:And i have to be honest, in recent times i suspect that any chatter is good chatter for Presonus, the faithful continually arguing nonsense, the pointless over the top hype of fairly standard releases, a lot of it looks like it is designed to be talked about in a bad light, just so S1 is being talked about, the old saying of "There is no such thing as bad press" springs to mind.

I'm sure his / her agenda will continue ad nauseam in future KVR S1 threads.
Why won't you delete this account as I have requested Ben ?

Really, so i make valid points, and all you do is attack me personally, Ad hominem, including cross posting from the NI forum, are you guys for real, i called an NI employee a liar when he lied, he backtracked and added that it was disrespectful to call a liar a liar, but a liar is a liar. (Who by the way is not a senior product designer, he is an online support rep)
Oh and speaking of liars haha hello beatmangler/sopre/skinswashdc, having fun stalking me on every forum you can find and talking utter BS, your total input to Maschine development is "oh please please ban Tooshka, and please ignore everybody on your forum and just go listen to maschine masters because i have no original thought in my skull" you did that publicly you petty unoriginal waste of oxygen.
I suggest you stop this stalking nonsense or i will point everybody at your soundcloud hahahaha

As for that other thing that is replying about script kiddies and butt hurt and Reaper, carry on, Ad Hominem
Duh

Don't bother with those lamers bungle. You made valid points here quite the contrary to some of the weekend posters.
Last edited by murnau on Thu May 26, 2016 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

bungle wrote:How very, erm, what is it i am looking for, hmmm, elitist, no, hmm, yes i have it, up your own exit chute of you, thanks for deciding who should spend and what they should spend on music software...

Not really, was predicted, was flamed by the S1 forum hunters for saying it ...
murnau wrote:Don't bother with those lamers bungle. You made valid points here quite the contrary to some of the weekend posters.
Ad Hominem ?

The hypocrites doth protest too much methinks :wink:
Why won't you delete this account as I have requested Ben ?

bungle wrote:Really, so i make valid points, and all you do is attack me personally, Ad hominem, including cross posting from the NI forum, are you guys for real, i called an NI employee a liar when he lied, he backtracked and added that it was disrespectful to call a liar a liar, but a liar is a liar. (Who by the way is not a senior product designer, he is an online support rep)
Oh and speaking of liars haha hello beatmangler/sopre/skinswashdc, having fun stalking me on every forum you can find and talking utter BS, your total input to Maschine development is "oh please please ban Tooshka, and please ignore everybody on your forum and just go listen to maschine masters because i have no original thought in my skull" you did that publicly you petty unoriginal waste of oxygen.
I suggest you stop this stalking nonsense or i will point everybody at your soundcloud hahahaha

As for that other thing that is replying about script kiddies and butt hurt and Reaper, carry on, Ad Hominem
Yeah my soundcloud is here-https://soundcloud.com/dmvsongs

You never responded with your link here- https://www.gearslutz.com/board/music-c ... ded-8.html

You were disrespectful to a NI employee so you got what you deserved. I did learn a lesson to when I get in my 40's to not be mad at the world and depend on forums to take most of my time. You have been on NI's forum since 2013 and you didn't find alternatives for maschine and studio one? Show's how much music making you have done. Why did you buy maschine and studio one in the first place? The amount of time you smear NI and presonus on here, gearslutz, and NI forum you could have actually become a better beatmaker and found a better alternatives. Either or I hope you improve your attitude because the way you carry yourself long term will be one lonely world by yourself. You probably burned a bridge with that NI employee. Seems like you don't do music professionally, but as a hobby. The negativity and how you spoke with that NI employee will have you working with nobody in the business. Hope you get a better attitude, and start acting your age.

What do you expect from Bungle? He even managed to whine and flame everyone else on the free console shaper and S1 v3.2 release thread. And those were free updates.
musisikamar.com

beatmangler443 wrote:You were disrespectful to a NI employee so you got what you deserved.
Erm, what is it you think i got exactly ?
You asked for somebody to be banned in a public thread and where given a warning not to do so, I am not banned, just posted for you at NI as proof, now take your petty garbage and put it wherever you like, nobody actually cares.

As for the rest of the Ad Hominem crapola in your post, gotta love it when nobody knows anything about you and chats utter garbage to try and find things out hahaha
Duh

woodsdenis wrote:
LawrenceF wrote: And Apple, being the richest media company on the planet, is not a good reference for pricing anything. :) Logic is worth way more than $199 but they have trillions of dollars so they can do whatever they want.

Would be nice indeed if it was free, but I'm not at all surprised that it's not.
Actually the EXs24 has always been in Logic way before Apple took it over so that argument doesn't wash.
Actually it was a paid addon originally though (as were most of the Logic instruments) so I think there is some validity to the argument you don't usually see hosts coming with full blown samplers.

aMUSEd wrote:
woodsdenis wrote:
LawrenceF wrote: And Apple, being the richest media company on the planet, is not a good reference for pricing anything. :) Logic is worth way more than $199 but they have trillions of dollars so they can do whatever they want.

Would be nice indeed if it was free, but I'm not at all surprised that it's not.
Actually the EXs24 has always been in Logic way before Apple took it over so that argument doesn't wash.
Actually it was a paid addon originally though (as were most of the Logic instruments) so I think there is some validity to the argument you don't usually see hosts coming with full blown samplers.
Ha your right, I forgot that, in fact all the synths like Evoc were extra. that was decades ago though when Logic cost nearly a grand if I remember.
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”